Complaint Review: Valley Automotive

• Reported By: Richard — HENDERSON Nevada
Valley Automotive
255 Elliott Road Henderson, Nevada USA

Valley Automotive Casey Duped and Cheated Henderson Nevada

In January 2014 my truck broke down and had to be towed to my home in Henderson Nevada.

Because of tight financial situation  I could not have it immediately repaired so I had to wait a few weeks until I could save some money to have it towed and repaired,

I had previously had the vehicle diagnosed as an issue with the Idle Control Module and was told by 3 shops that the price for the repair would be around $200 parts and labor which I was prepared to pay.

On February 17, 2014 I retained a towing company and had my truck transported to Valley Automotive Service.

255 Elliott Road in Henderson and owned by Casey ?

My wife and I had used their service before with acceptable results so I felt I would be treated honestly and decided to use them.

Anyway, I told Casey the issue with my truck and  it was checked out.  On February 18, 2014 I was contacted by Casey, owner of Valley Automotive and told that the the issue was not the idle controle module but the fuel pump and the cost of the pump alone was $400 this was in addition to labor $200, diagnostic check $100. For a total of nearly $700.

I am not an expert mechanic but I can do a LOT of repairs myself and I have a very extensive knowledge of mechanics.

After being told the cost of the pump I decided to check out a few things.   I went to a O'Rielly Auto Parts store near my home on South Boulder Highway and Palo Verde and found out that a fuel pump for my 1996 Dodge  was $191 retail, and NOT the $394 tht Casey quoted me. So I called Casey and told him the price of the pump.

At this point Casey became quite angry and began disparaging me for questioning his prices  and then feeding me a story about how if I ever have a problem with the new pump I would receive free towing, and thet the pump I priced at O'Rielly's  was inferior to the parts he uses.

This is absolute B*******.  After I called him and listened to his lies, I hung up, planning to have my truck towed back to my home again and find someone else to repair my truck.

Half an hour later Casey called me again and told me he found a pump for $300 and would install it for $300 saying it would take approximately 2 hours and I still owed him for the diagnostic, which had been previously done and did not cost anything.

In fact most garages and auto parts stores will run a diagnostic for free, but Valley was charging me $100, claiming it took almost an hour to find the problem.  This too is BULLSHIT as  the truck has a computer and a diagnostic device is plugged into the computer port and a code appears and the code  determines what the issue is.  That is how I know what the problem was initially.  Almos every auto parts will read the code and tell you the issue FREE

I also know that auto parts stores have commercial customers which they recieve parts at a discount and the commercial customers (garages) then mark up the price to make a profit.  I have no issue with this, but when I am lied to about the quality of a part from one reputable supplier over another and the cost I am angry.

I had little choice but to go ahead and use Valley Automotive to repair my truck, but a part that costs retail $191 and is available to a garage for $150, and I am charged nearly $300 plus labor and installation is a total ripoff and dishonest.

I will NEVER use Valley Automotive again and reccomend that no one else use the company either.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2014 06:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Valley-Automotive/Henderson-Nevada-89011/Valley-Automotive-Casey-Duped-and-Cheated-Henderson-Nevada-1124631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Valley Automotive