Complaint Review: Value City Furniture

• Submitted: Fri, March 11, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, March 11, 2005

• Reported By:Columbus Ohio
Value City Furniture
6067 East Main Street Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

Value City Furniture ripoff with furniture repair warranty Columbus Ohio

I purchased a living room set in 1998. I paid extra for the 5 year repair warranty. In 2000 my furniture was falling apart. Several buttons on the couch and loveseat popped off or sunk in, leaving foam to stick out of the holes. The frame on the couch even broke. One boad in the back of the couch and one under the couch. I was single with no child at the time as well, so no rough housing on the furniture was taking place.

I called Value City Furniture under warranty. They came and picked up my couch and my loveseat for repairs. Through several phone conversations, they discontinued my furniture set and didn't have the parts. They gave me the runaround for months. I threatened to sue them and they wouldn't take my calls or transfer me to a manager. My own stupidity I didn't file a lawsuit. They still have my furniture to this day in 2005 and haven't repaired it or given it back to me.

They picked it up, didn't honor their warranty and didn't even have the decency to answer my calls so I could get my furniture back. I was young at the time and basically just sat back as they ripped me off. I wonder what they did with my furniture? Sad thing is that I still have the receipts for everything, including my warranty that they didn't honor. I still have my proof in disbelief!

Ann
Columbus, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2005 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Value-City-Furniture/Columbus-Ohio-43213/Value-City-Furniture-ripoff-with-furniture-repair-warranty-Columbus-Ohio-134619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Value City Furniture