Complaint Review: Value City Furniture

• Updated: Tue, July 30, 2013

• Reported By: Tanya — Chicago Illinois
Value City Furniture
3355 Mall Loop Dr Joliet, Illinois USA

Value City Furniture Put money down on couch and now they state I have paid $0 Joliet Illinois

I put over $200 down on a couch 3 years ago then every few months paid $20-50 on it. Just before the point of having it completely paid off, bedbugs appeared in my apartment and I did not want to bring in new furniture. I moved soon after into a studio, which did not allow for a couch. I soon forgot about the couch all together.

I called recently, since I am moving soon, to inquire about the couch. At this time I have paid over $400 on the couch and should owe just a small amount. I was informed that all of the money I spent went to service fees that were accruied since I skipped payments. They said that none of my money is in the account now and I would not get any credit for the money paid. They will not even give me store credit for what I have paid.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2013 03:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Value-City-Furniture/Joliet-Illinois-60431/Value-City-Furniture-Put-money-down-on-couch-and-now-they-state-I-have-paid-0-Joliet-Ill-1071481. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Value City Furniture