Complaint Review: Value City Furniture

• Reported By: Stephanie Falardeau — Hobart Indiana
Value City Furniture
2580 E. 79'th Ave Merrillville Indiana 46410 Merillville, Indiana USA

Value City Furniture DEFECTIVE DANGEROUS FURNITURE Merillville Indiana

We purchased bunkbeds with built-in stairs for our children last year. The stairs have proven defective ( have completely cracked through and split ) and have had to be replaced twice. Yesterday they brought out my second replacement set and they were covered with at least two inches of dust. Upon cleaning them, I discovered numerous scratches and dings which leads me to believe the stairs were used, damaged and returned by another customer. Furthermore, the wood slats under the top bunk have buckled and I am afraid my children are going to be injured on the beds. The store refuses to return my calls or e-mails even though I purchased a warranty guaranteeing replacement no questions asked. These beds are extremely dangerous and I have made the store aware of it. They have done nothing to remedy the problem. They have not honored our warranty and at this point we'd just like them to return our money and come pick up their beds!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2014 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Value-City-Furniture/Merillville-Indiana-46410/Value-City-Furniture-DEFECTIVE-DANGEROUS-FURNITURE-Merillville-Indiana-1128770. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Value City Furniture