unexpected

49 W North Ave Northlake, Illinois United States of America

Value City Furniture charged me extra $645 Northlake, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Can be a good deal

*Consumer Comment: deferred interest

I bought some furniture at VCF store in January 2012 and got a credit with no interest for the 1st year. But on my last statement I saw a "finance charge" at the amount of $645! First I though that it was some kind of mistake, so I called the Comenity bank. The customer representative explained me that I got the interest for the whole previous year because the credit was not payed in full till January 2013.

It was terrible!. The saleman in the store was supposed to explain me it and he didn't. He just said that I would not get any interest charges during the 1st year. It is fraud!

I am not a banker so I do know all their tricks. I think they just fool people around! My advise is watch what you sign, because, by some reason, VCF people will not tell you truth.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2013 01:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Value-City-Furniture/Northlake-Illinois-/Value-City-Furniture-charged-me-extra-645-Northlake-Illinois-1014321. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Value City Furniture

Can be a good deal

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

We have used these kind of deals in he past.  If you pay the entire bill by a certain date, you will not have to pay interest.

The key is that you have to read the contract very carefully so you know EXACTLY when the due date is.  Then you need to actually pay it off a month or two in advance in case something gets delayed.

They can be a good deal but you have to pay close attention to the exact terms.  They are relying on many people not paying attention and thus ending up owing the interest in a lump sum.

deferred interest

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

That isn't fraud because apparently you agreed to a deferred interest payment plan.