Complaint Review: Value City Furniture

Value City Furniture
prince William prkwy 2500 woodbridge, Virginia United States of America

Value City Furniture Not paying for Labor Day woodbridge, Virginia

*Author of original report: Value City Furniture bosses not being fair

*Consumer Comment: A couple of things.

Dear Mr.Scott Shanahan,

hello, My name is Jose Acosta. I'm the service tech.I have worked 7 years for the company. I work full-time. My supervisor Mr.B will not pay for my Labor Day. He's not paying for the labor day, because i was sick on Tuesday the 4th of September, So i called my boss to tell him i was sick. HE said "you were suppose to work the day BEFORE AND AFTER labor day, so i can have my labor day payed. i don't work on Sundays. But since i was sick on Tuesday my Boss did not want pay for Labor day. Mr.B though i was lying that i was sick, so that's why my boss didn't want pay for my Labor Day. Please  if you have the chance to call me at : (((ROR redacted))) so we can talk further into this. Thank you

-Jose Acosta

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2012 06:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Value-City-Furniture/woodbridge-Virginia-22193/Value-City-Furniture-Not-paying-for-Labor-Day-woodbridge-Virginia-937303. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Value City Furniture

Value City Furniture bosses not being fair

AUTHOR: Jose.A - (USA)

November,12,12

Dear mr.scott shanahan

hello this is jose a I work at value city furniture at store #93.my issue is that i called my boss that i was sick so i called for a sick day,the problem about that is that he did not want to pay for my sick day.another issue is that they don't give me a fair amount of hours per week.the number of hours i do a week is decreasing. 2 weeks ago i worked 18 hours now A week ago i worked 12 hours but i work full time not part time so i find that unfair.

Another issue is when i request sick days or vacation days my bosses recline them most of the time.I told them if they don't want me here then they should just get me "laid off" but they reclined that also.I need a fair amount of hours a week because i have a family to support and its hard to do that if i don't have a fair amount of hours.

i've been working for value city for 7 and a half years.i like my job.i really enjoy it ,but my bosses are not being fair and it makes my job stressful.i hope to see a good outcome out of this.

A couple of things.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

1. If you're still employed there, do you really think writing a Ripoff Report that pops up high on search engine listings, is the best way of solving this issue?    Anytime anyone does a search on your company, this report is going to pop up.    I have a feeling that the higher ups in the company are not going to approve of your tactic.

2.  What is your company policy on holidays?    I have worked for several companies that had a policy of not paying holiday pay if you called in sick on the working day before or after the holiday.  It sounds like that's what your supervisor was trying to tell you.   You should check your company's policies yourself and see what it says about holidays.

While I question your approach to solving your problem, I wish you good luck.