Complaint Review: Value point distribution

• Submitted: Sun, November 24, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, November 24, 2013

• Reported By: nicole — citrus heights California
Value point distribution
1038 Redwood Hwy Ste.5 Bldg B Mill Valley CA 94941 Mill Valley, San Francisco, California USA

Value point distribution direct to home appliances, home goods store, choose swim spas direct This company has over $22,000 of my money for over 18 months!!! and now they wont even talk to me!!! Mill Valley, San Francisco California

In April of 2012 I ordered a H2O duo max swim spa for $22,397.06 which i paid for a with a $500.00 credit card down payment followed by a cashiers check in the amount of $21,897.06 less than a week later. I was told it would take 14 to 16 weeks for the spa to be completed, and sent to their warehouse in Hayward, in the East Bay at which point I was supposed to be called to set up time and date for delivery that Steve Winston told me had to be at least 30 days out so it could receive inspection and certification.

well in August of 2012 I called Steve Winston, who is supposed to be my contact and also the manager of the department, and I got what was the first of 5 excuses and pushed back delivery dates. excuses ranged from "The factory can't get the material for the inner shell right now" to excuses like "the factory was shut down for a month for holiday". My delivery dates changed from the original Aug 2012 to Oct 2012; Feb 2013; May 2013; June 2013;and finally Oct 2013.

The first few delays I was understanding with them but by the fourth delay i began asking about a refund. Steve Winston assured me that he could get my product completed and after some haggling back and forth we agreed to a $1,500.00 financial reimbursment to me for the delays to be issued when the spa reached the warehouse in June of 2013, when that date was delayed again I very strongly asked for a full refund. Steve offered me a differant swim spa that he had sitting in his warehouse that another customer had refused to accept due to length of delivery. I refused and again asked for a full refund, he then said he could maybe work out a payment plan to me to refund me payments over a year or two. I refused reminding him that I paid in full upfront and expect to be repaid in the same manner. eventually after over a week of speaking to him every day we agreed to him sending me an additional $1,500.00 financial reimbursment to be sent out right away (in june 2013) in addition to the $1,500.00 to be returned to me upon delivery to the warehouse in Oct 2013.

after this exchange in june 2013 I was only able to reach Steve Winston one more time two weeks later when I called to ask why I had not received the $1,500.00 he agreed to send. he responded "The factory has asked for more money for your spa so we had to send them more money, now we dont cant afford to send you the $1,500.00." I responded " Thats not my problem. I want the money that I was promised" to which he said " well getting your product done is top priority. not getting your reimbursment to you" I then told him "well the reimbusment is a priority to me because I have not received a thing from you in over a year since I paid you over $22,000 and I want to be done with this, If you cannot give me my spa by Oct 2013 I will not accept anymore excuses I will only take my refund in full." he said he understood and we ended the conversation. This was the last time I was able to contact Steve Winston.

I have since spent my time calling Steves cell# and his receptionist#. steves cell always goes to voicemail to which i never receive a respnse to, but i still leave at least 2 voicemails a week. I had only been able to talk to value point distribution receptionist named Albert who would not give me his last name. every time I talk to Albert I ask for steve winston and he says he checks and steve is not in yet or has gone home already or didnt come in today but he will tell him to call me. I never receive any call. after about 4 months of dealing with my many times angry phone calls demanding my money back, to speak with steve and eventually trying to get him to let me speak with any one else in the company to which he refused saying " Steve is the only one who can help you" finally about 2 weeks ago in early Nov 2013 Albert told me that he could no longer help me and my order had been transfered to Direct To Home Appliances to work out a refund payment plan.

I call DTHA and at first it seems I will get somewhere. after a few transfers to differant people I am told I have to call Marianne to work out a refund. I call the # it goes to a voicemail for Crystal, I call back DTHA, they tell me I have to ask Crystal for Marianne. so i leave a v mail for crystal asking for marianne after no response 2 hours later I call back DTHA, I get told by the receptionist that she is on the other line and as soon as shes done she said she would call me. I never received any calls. the next day I called DTHA and get ahold of the superviser named Tom Hardy who tells me that Direct To Home Appliances is the sales department and that I will have to get ahold of Steve Winston at the merchendise department called Value Point Distribution to get my refund. I proceeded to explain my history with Steve and he told me he would transfer me to him. Albert answered I told him what DTHA said and he said he would tell Steve to call me. I called back Tom Hardy and he said he cant do anything. So now I have spent the last two weeks calling all these #s and leaving voice mails and yelling at the different receptioists at the different companies until they start sending all my calls straight to voice mail or you hear the click from them picking up and quickly hanging up. I have been trying to find a lawyer or someone who can help me with this. I am appalled at this whole situation which at the least is atricious customer service but i think is more likley a scam having commited grand larceny by the unlawful use of funds. If anyone out there can help me or at least stop these people from doing this to anyone else please do so.

I can see these companies have done this numerous times to other people on this website. there has to be a way to stop them from operating like this. I can even still go onto their website and see that they are selling the exact same spa that they told me could not get done, but now it costs $7,000.00 more than when i paid for mine. this is insanity i am driving myself crazy dealing with these games that are being played by this company that is connected to at least four names that I have been able to figure out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2013 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Value-point-distribution/Mill-Valley-San-Francisco-California-94941/Value-point-distribution-direct-to-home-appliances-home-goods-store-choose-swim-spas-di-1101852. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Value point distribution