Complaint Review: Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, January 26, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, January 27, 2008

• Reported By:Butner North Carolina
Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance, Inc.
500 Alcoa Trail Maryville, Tennessee U.S.A.

Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance, Inc. Harassing collections and its not even our account, its a family member's Maryville Tennessee

*Consumer Suggestion: Send a certified, return receipt requested letter

We are not customers of Vanderbilt Mortgage, my brother in law is. Our problem started about a year ago when my brother in law fell behind in his payments. Life happens, most of us have been there. My husband and I were in the position to help him out. He called Vanderbilt and gave them permission to give us details of his account so we could help him catch up. They were more than happy to accept the money. My husband did an electronic check and we thought that was the end of it. WRONG!!! Now everytime my brother in law is late making a payment, Vanderbilt calls us DEMANDING money. We've repeatedly reminded them that its not our account, but it does no good at all. They call constantly, leaving messages on our voice mail demanding "an immediate return phone call" ugh! I've had it!! The person that handles our account called right at 8:00 am one Saturday morning and woke me. I told her to NEVER call my house again! Guess what, she never called my house again, a different rep did though! I would NEVER in million years recommend this company to anyone. They are completely unprofessional!! My brother in law is behind again and the harassment toward us just keeps going. They know they aren't going to get much out of him right now, so they harass us. They also call my father in law constantly because he also helped my brother in law out at one point. IT'S NOT OUR ACCOUNT!!!

Jillian
Butner, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2008 08:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vanderbilt-Mortgage-And-Finance-Inc/Maryville-Tennessee-37804/Vanderbilt-Mortgage-And-Finance-Inc-Harassing-collections-and-its-not-even-our-account-303687. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance, Inc.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Send a certified, return receipt requested letter

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Talking isn't going to get them to stop.

You need to send them a certified, return receipt requested letter telling them that since you don't have a contract with them that you do not want them to contact you about your brother-in-law's account. You should state something to the effect that any future calls will be considered deliberate acts of harassment and that appropriate criminal complaints will be made to law enforcement.

That should do it. If they are fool enough to call you after they receive the letter, you have them.

1. Immediately after you hang up the phone, call *57 - this alerts the telephone carrier's computer system that the previous call was harassing and to record the details of the call.

2. Then call your telephone service company and tell them you did *57 and what further actions should you take to file a criminal complaint.

3. Follow the company's instruction and file the complaint.

4. After about 2 weeks, follow up with the law enforcement agency to confirm that the telephone carrier forwarded information about the call to the investigating agency. Also, stress that you want to prosecute them for harassment.

Repeat the above for EVERY call they make to you after they receive your letter.

Contact an attorney and file a civil suit against them.

File a complaint with the FTC.

File a complaint with your state AG office.

Good luck.