Complaint Review: Vanderbilt Mortgage

• Updated: Wed, November 28, 2012

• Reported By: psycholodee — Swansea South Carolina United States of America
Vanderbilt Mortgage
Internet, Tennessee United States of America

Vanderbilt Mortgage Absolutely the worth customer no-service ever. Internet, Tennessee

In the past year and a half, I have been struggling with payments, but I have always made my payments within 30 days, and had called on several occassions asking for help.  The "help" I was offered was to have a yard sale, to spend less money on groceries to feed my children, to ask my family for monies (who are retired), and other unreasonable "solutions".  They will call 4-6 times a day, starting as soon as the payment is mere days overdue.

I am a state employee and a farmer, so money is not something I have extra. I do not have cable/satellite, we are a one car family, we are working to pay off credit cards, I have a 20 year old TV, I shop at Goodwill, my furniture is all hand-me-downs, I do not own a game play system (XBox, etc.), and make every attempt to be fiscally responsible. However, when speaking to Travis, his tone of voice and lack of respect or concern for our current situation, made me feel as if he was trying to make me feel guilty & gave the impression (without actually saying the words) that my home is in jeopardy.

They provide no loan modifications options, no interest reduction options, are not willing to move a monthly payment to work better with my pay schedule, nothing. They want their money and their idea of providing customer assistance seems to be rude, harrassing, threatening phone calls. They even have gone so far as to call my 84 year old father in law and were highly disresptecful to him as well.

Thankfully, I have found a solution on my own and will no longer have to hear from these people because I will be up-to-date, but the way they speak to their "customers" is downright shameful. I do not expect resolution in any way, but rest assured as soon as we are able, we will be refinancing with anyone else. I feel as if they take advantage of the fact that people want to keep their homes, and have no respect and certainly seem to have no problem treating people as if they are purposefully negligent or simply stupid.

When I called to make the extra payment, I told Travis I did not appreciate the way he spoke to me, and he tried to continue to berate me. I simply cut him off, instructed him on what he was going to do, and ended the conversation.  If I have to sell blood or plasma, I will be certain to never be even 5 mintes late again, because I do not appreciate feeling as if I am being threatened by thugs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2012 09:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vanderbilt-Mortgage/Internet-Tennessee-/Vanderbilt-Mortgage-Absolutely-the-worth-customer-no-service-ever-Internet-Tennessee-975320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vanderbilt Mortgage