brick

• Updated: Tue, June 25, 2013

• Reported By: K. Childress — 76063 Texas
Vandergriff Honda
1104 W. Interstate 20 Arl Tx Arlington , Texas USA

Vandergriff Honda Beating by finance dept. Interest terms not honored, extras slipped in Arlington Texas

*Consumer Comment: I'm Puzzled!

Wow! Seldom am I speechless. I have dealt with Vandergriff 6 to 8 times over the pat 20 years and am DISGUSTED by what they have turned in to.....

To make a very long story short. I recently traded in a CRV for a FIT and brought my own financing through my credit union. I was asked if I would use Honda if they met the interest rate and I said " we can talk about that...."

So I agreed to use Honda and they met my low interest rate from my credit union. When I got home I got a phone call asking me to come back to the dealership and " go ahead and bring a $1500.00 check with you...."

WHAT????? The finance person informed me that the contract that wa  written was wih $1500.00 down so " just go ahead and bring that with you" how insulting! I told him that I did not agree to that and that I do not HAVE $1500.00 so he said " let me see what I can do"

Call number two: " okay how about if you bring $500.00 and we will move out your first payment another month? " I was frustrated and exhauted and turned off my phone.

The next day I get a call saying just come by and sign the NEW contract so I did......Then I realize the interest rate is now three points higher than we had agrred and they had slipped in all the extra warranty etc....

Disgusted I called our business attorney and he told me to rcord each call and give them a chance to make it right.

Call number THREE I am called by the " manager" I ask him to calll back on my work line where all calls are recorded. He the3n proceeds to tell me I have "MISUNDERSTOOD"  but that they will fix it and have contract number three sent to my office.

Again same problem interest rate not what we agreed on and I figured forget it. I will cancel all the extra BS and refi thru my credit union.

I printed cxl documents and was met with vey sympathetic man who apologized that this had been such a horrible experience for me and assured me not to worry that he would personally handle this cancelation and that their will be a check issued to Vandergriff who will then send the difference to me.

Flash forward one month. No Check....So I call again and the business office tells me that the check will go to Honda Finance and not to me (why did I expect anything else?) and Guess what? Now THAT will take another month and my credit union no longer considers the car "new" so I cannot get the original terms I could have had... if I had walked way that night.

Totally disgusted.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2013 07:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vandergriff-Honda-/Arlington-Texas-76017/Vandergriff-Honda-Beating-by-finance-dept-Interest-terms-not-honored-extras-slipped-i-1061885. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vandergriff Honda

I'm Puzzled!

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

You signed a contract which contained the terms and conditions of the sale.  Among these T and C's was the DOWN PAYMENT, which you seem to indicate the $1500 is for.  Then you say you get a call and you are "surprised" they are telling you to bring $1500 with you!  Did you READ that contract BEFORE you signed it?  If you did, why the surprise at the $1500?  Then incredibly they rewrite a second contract which contains other items you say you did not agree to.  Did you even bother to read that second contract BEFORE you signed it?

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC