Complaint Review: Vanguard Plating, Chromed Evolutions, Vance Henson

• Submitted: Thu, July 16, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 08, 2010

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Vanguard Plating, Chromed Evolutions, Vance Henson
921 B South Frazier Conroe, Texas U.S.A.

Vanguard Plating, Chromed Evolutions, Vance Henson Destroyed my motorcycle Conroe Texas

*Consumer Comment: Chromed Evolutions & Vance, are the best out there.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: SAM CAMMACK IS A LIAR AND THE EPITOME OF A " LAWYER"

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: ONE OFF PIECE OF JUNK

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: ONE OFF PIECE OF JUNK

I first located this company and owner (Vance Henson) through a very impressive website (visions of chrome/vanguard plating/chromed evolutions).

When I met him at his shop I was at first sceptical because of its horrible condition. I looked like an old abandoned building with a couple of dipping vats in it. He told me they were relocating.

I took my Harley Davidson Custom Chopper (one off) to have him re-chrome many of the parts. I was going to have a professional disassemble it and take it to him but he convinced me that he had worked on bikes all of his life and could do it for half the price. He said it would be ready in 2 weeks.

2 months later i went to pick the bike up and it would not track straight down the road after he put the forks back on. It was evening when i picked it up and I left some of my parts at his shop.

Once I got the bike home and gave it a good look over I noticed he damaged the custom paint in 6 places, the forks had huge gouges in them (they have to be replaced, these are one of a kind "forks by frank "30 over) he tore my brake lines, he destroyed my PM front caliper ($400), the stater wire was cut and taped back, broke my ignition switch cover, warped my handlebars during the chroming process,

cut the wire to my license plate light and tried to "jerry rig" it, put my back caliper on with lock tite (i had to have it cut off), destroyed my back rotor, scratched my tank, warped my triple tree, disassembled my hyper charger and told me he did not know how to put it back together ( he reassembled it the wrong way,

I had to have my mechanic fix it)chromed over pitted parts, didn't chrome half the things he told me he did, improperly installed the forks, the seals were leaking by the time I got home, did not tighted fork plug and all of the oil leaked out by the time I got it to the mechanic, charged me $500 more than agreed upon because he said he chromed extra bolts,

when I got home I noticed the bolts had been brushed off with a wire brush and not chromed, damaged my spark plug wires.

I am initiating a lawsuit and pursuing criminal charges against this guy for stealing the parts that were left at his shop when I picked up my bikeThis guy is a liar, theif and con man.

I paid him $3000 to destroy my bike. Stay away from his shop and attractive web site. This little venture has cost me about $6000,00 since the beginning of this nightmare.

Consumer
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2009 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vanguard-Plating-Chromed-Evolutions-Vance-Henson/Conroe-Texas-77032/Vanguard-Plating-Chromed-Evolutions-Vance-Henson-Destroyed-my-motorcycle-Conroe-Texas-470520. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vanguard Plating, Chromed Evolutions, Vance Henson

Chromed Evolutions & Vance, are the best out there.

AUTHOR: Squeed - (United States of America)

I just thought it only fair for me to add my comments, as a non biased 3rd party, and submit my experiences with Chromed Evolutions and Vance. I started working with Vance and CE about 2 years ago, and everything I have sent to them has come back in absolute perfect shape. I am still amazed by the quality of work that they do. I live half across the country, and still send everything I need chromed to Vance. My experiences have been that Chromed Evolutions (CE), has given me polite, personal, and informative updates on every order I have placed with them, and the only thing that can surpass the quality of their customer service, are the actual results, and quality of their work. Most companies would not even send me a quote for some of the things I wanted to do to my bike, but Vance just told me to send it on and he'd take care of it. He was right, he took care of it, and did it for a great price. I will not trust my chrome to any other chromer, We have a lot of them locally, but I will continue to send all of my parts to Vance. I'll try to attach some before and after pics and I think they will speak for themselves. Again, I just wanted to add my experiences, and send my recommendation for Chromed Evolutions, and Vance's work.
Consumer,

N.C

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Vanguard - (U.S.A.)

Sam came to me for work, saw my shop and agreed on me to complete all the screw ups from the previous shops . The bike is 14 yrs old along with the same paint job. I was ask to chrome damn near everything on the bike.

First of all, the frame was scratched from the cable clamps. We removed them to plate them. Those are a compression fit , so any time you loosen them they will leave a mark.

Secondly, the tank. I used a tank bib after i took the tank off. The tank was placed on a rack and not touched till assembly.

The forks were so gauled from the previous shop that they filled with aluminum in the threads and caused the gualling. I took the forks to a machine shop and rethreaded them , no charge. Add the fact that everything we took off was either rusted and pitted or the bolts were stripped. Now a motorcycle that has sat for years is considered neglect.

I could go on and on and be in a pissing contest with this clown but being an attorney pretty much says it all. I could dig up hundreds of people who probably would say the same about this guy but the fact is , Sam called me to see if i would honor our agreement and i said, "YES". He went off on a tangent and is trying to destroy my reputation.The chrome was brilliant and he himself said so the other shit he is complaining about is futile, i'll fix it if he'll quit acting like a broad.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

ONE OFF PIECE OF JUNK

AUTHOR: Vanguard - (U.S.A.)

This so called 1 off bike is 14 yrs old. It has been sitting up for several yrs as well. The nuts and bolts were rusty and corroded.The tires were dry rotted too .Cables and wiring underneath were a rats nest. That was done at no charge.

Secondly, If my shop looked that bad then why leave his bike, clearly this man would never be satisfied anyway.Chrome temperatures are 105 at the hottest this can be affirmed by the looking up chrome plating proceedures. If 105 warps steel and 1-1/2 thick aluminum trees then i think we have redifined the laws of physics in my shop.
As far as tracking , the bike is stretched and dosent manuever well to begin with. I am a retired motocross racer of 14 yrs and own countless motorcycles, this man clearly is a weekend rider and shouldnt even begin to test my ability with a motorcycle.
The scratches? the whole bike is a scratch. The paint is 14 yrs old, the forks by Frank were gauled from being overtightened from some other shop. Stainless steel and aluminum do not mix very well especially too tight. All his cables were dry rotted even the fake ass fuel lines that were wrapped in stainless wrap.

Now i ask the public this? If everything was as bad as he says then why did he pay me and leave without resolution, clearly this guy needs to get with that yankee faggot in washington , they would make a great pair.

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

ONE OFF PIECE OF JUNK

AUTHOR: Vanguard - (U.S.A.)

Now i ask the public this? If everything was as bad as he says then why did he pay me and leave without resolution, clearly this guy needs to get with that yankee in washington , they would make a great pair.