Complaint Review: Vanilla Visa

• Reported By: alyxx — Santa Barbara California
Vanilla Visa
PO Box 826 Fortson, Georgia USA

Vanilla Visa Vaniila Visa basically stole my money Fortson Georgia

I purchased and registered a $75 Vanilla Visa gift card in April 2014.  Bought one item on ebay for $14.82 shortly thereafter.  When I tried to make another purchase several weeks later, the card was denied.

Puzzled, I called Vanilla Visa customer service. After I explained what had happened, the agent put me on hold for five minutes. After returning, he told me I could no longer use the card, that "someone" had reported the card as stolen.

My reaction - "What do you mean reported stolen? Who did that? It wasn't me and as the legal owner, aren't I the only person who can do that?" I gave him my name, address, dates I purchased and registered the card, the original purchase amount, name of the store where I bought the card, and the exact amount of my ebay transaction to verify I was card's legal owner, but none of that mattered.  He said there was nothing he could do. Outraged, I said, "So I've done nothing wrong, but you're going to keep my money and there's nothing I can do?"  He replied, "I'm sorry."

And that was that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2014 02:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vanilla-Visa/Fortson-Georgia-31808/Vanilla-Visa-Vaniila-Visa-basically-stole-my-money-Fortson-Georgia-1165355. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vanilla Visa