Complaint Review: Vantage Acceptance

• Submitted: Wed, January 02, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, January 15, 2013

• Reported By: Morteza — chantilly Virginia U.S.A.
Vantage Acceptance
5950 Canoga Ave. Suite 300 Woodland Hills, California United States of America

Vantage Acceptance Be care full of $199.00 per month charge that they will not tell you. Woodland Hills, California

*General Comment: A Debt Collector's Inside Advice

*Author of original report: I discovered that they did tell me about the $199 fee (being charged by a third party)

*Author of original report: They decided to refund the money

When they talk you in to writing almost a 20 page contract, they are very nice and sweet and they tell you that you can cancel the contract and take your money out of the escrow account without costing you a penny. Well that sounded great and it sounded like its a no risk but it is not true. I decide to cancel this and they charged me $199.00 per month after 2 month. Be careful they do not explain it to you during the sales call. They act like they are on your side and want to help you and they tell you to try it and you have NOTHING TO LOSE" We  I lost $400.00 for nothing. Thanks for nothing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2013 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vantage-Acceptance/Woodland-Hills-California-91367/Vantage-Acceptance-Be-care-full-of-19900-per-month-charge-that-they-will-not-tell-you-989943. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vantage Acceptance

#1 General Comment

A Debt Collector's Inside Advice

AUTHOR: 4DBBK - (United States of America)

As a debt collector myself working for a third party collection agency, I am routinely contacted by debt negotiators.  Let me give you some advice, and I hope others reading this will also take my advice.

As a collector, I will often work with debt negotiators, but the first thing ALL collectors do when we are called by companies such as this one, is we read the history of the account.  If we find that the debtor has been verbally abusive to us in the past, has lied and misrepresented their situation to us just to avoid paying the bill, or has used any of the debt-avoidance tricks promoted on discussion boards (false disputes, demand for validation, cease & desist, etc), we absolutely will NOT reduce the debt by one dime.

You, the debtor, don't get to swear at us, yell at us, lie to us and file phony complaints about us, yet go running to a debt negotiator and expect us to reduce your debt for you.  No way!  So take my advice when us debt collectors call you .... even if you can't pay the bill, DO NOT become abusive on the phone!  Don't lie!  Just be honest and frank.  Every single discussion a debt collector has with you is documented on your file and is often recorded, so step carefully.

I find it odd that the writer of this complaint was quick to post negative comments about this company on a public website to "complain" about the fees charged by the debt negotiator who was trying to do you a FAVOR, and then you returned here to admit that they DID disclose everything to you and they DID refund your money.

So you filed a completely false complaint.

As a debt collection insider that gets debt negotiator calls all the time, I bet I know what happened here...

The debt negotiator contacted your creditors and bill collectors and was unable to get any of your debts reduced because you have probably been abusive and uncooperative with the collection agencies.  Then when you realized you still couldn't get your debt reduced, you wanted the debt negotiator to refund the fees (which they gladly did) but not until you publicly falsified a report about them on this site to "muscle" them into refunding your money.

Let your experience serve as a lesson to all consumers out there when dealing with us debt collectors (and then subsequently trying to get a debt negotiator to work on your behalf).

DON'T be abusive!
DON'T lie!
DON'T file false complaints and reports!

That way, you are MUCH more likely to see us slash your balance due when a debt negotiator calls us.

AUTHOR: Morteza - (U.S.A.)

After further review, I discovered that they did tell me about the $199 fee (being charged by a third party), which was protection against any Fair Debt Collection Practices Act violations while participating in their program. This entire fee is being refunded to me. This company provides a necessary service for those families in need of the type of service they provide.

They decided to refund the money

AUTHOR: Morteza ahmadi - (U.S.A.)

They called and said that they are going to refund the money they charged for. Well I am glad they followed up and hopefully they  can explain this to their next customer so that the costumers  are completely aware of what it is they are signing for and avoid further  miscommunications.