Complaint Review: Vantage Press

• Updated: Mon, December 10, 2012

• Reported By: Betty — Marshfield Wisconsin United States of America
Vantage Press
271 Main St. Suite 3 Great Barrington, Massachusetts United States of America

Vantage Press SLOW TO RESPOND to requests and complaints...LATE with royalties due in October...and royalties have been WHITTLED DOWN to $2 a copy sold ... Great Barrington, Massachusetts

*Author of original report: **ATTENTION ALL VANTAGE PRESS AUTHORS** Vantage Press in GROSS NEGATE of all/most Agreements with authors AT THIS TIME!!!

*Author of original report: Vantage Press IS CLOSED...authors DO NOT get their royalties!!!!

*General Comment: Ripped off by a now closed press

I had many issues from the vary beginning and made alot of phone calls. They worked with me  while I was making payments, but I felt like I was doing the job I was paying THEM to do.

Little by little, after the publishing, it was becoming more difficult to get a reply with concerns or questions. Many times the individual I was working with would leave or change possition without notification.

My royalties were due in October, 2012. I waited until October 31 before I attemped to reach them by phone or email. Leaving messages was fruitless...David Lamb did NOT return my calls. So I sent him an email.

Days went by without reply until I sent a firm email stating that my royalty payment is past due and that I expect it asap. He then promised to send it out November 2nd...days went by again...no check!!

I emailed him again, at which time he informed me that the amount due me was $101 on 56 copies sold...that's not the $4.78 a copy in my agreement. His reasoning was do to discounts and distribution costs. He said he would mail it out that day.

Bottom line...Vantage Press is LATE with my royalty payment and so far this month of November I have not receved my check. And what absolute proof do they have to show that I have just $2 a copy due me. I DON'T TRUST THEM!!

I have read the other complaints and so forth about Vantage Press...I AM SCARED!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2012 01:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vantage-Press/Great-Barrington-Massachusetts-01230/Vantage-Press-SLOW-TO-RESPOND-to-requests-and-complaintsLATE-with-royalties-due-in-Oct-967747. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vantage Press

AUTHOR: Betty - (United States of America)

VANTAGE PRESS CLOSED DOORS without warning!! ALL work for authors has STOPPED!!

I CAN NOT obtain copies of my book from Ingram distributers for my orders!!!

Vantage Press IS CLOSED...authors DO NOT get their royalties!!!!

AUTHOR: Betty - (United States of America)

I received a phone call this morning by a Wisconsin author who found me online.

Vantage Press CLOSED THEIR DOORS without notice...Vantage will get paid for books that continue to be sold through Ingram distributers while author's/publisher's Agreement is still in effect....BUT there is no way to contact Vantage for royalties so authors WILL NOT GET PAID...

AUTHORS STEP UP!!..WE NEED A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!

#3 General Comment

Ripped off by a now closed press

AUTHOR: motherbear - (United States of America)

Hi
Please respond if you'd like to talk more. Vantage press just closed its doors, taking my book and all my money with them!
Email me at alismithphoto@mac.com