Complaint Review: varga auto repair

• Updated: Thu, March 20, 2014

• Reported By: LJK — Flanders New Jersey
varga auto repair
937 joyce kilmer ave north brunswick, New Jersey USA

varga auto repair Released an unsafe vehicle, drive shaft fell out, stranded my son on a hwy north brunswick New Jersey

In November 2013 I was referred by Transtar to bring my son’s Tahoe to Varga Auto for a warranty replacement of their transmission as it was in his area.  After examining the vehicle I was contacted by Frank Varga with additional repairs including heater hoses leaking, front brake pads low, and windshield wiper blades.  I  authorized the heater hose replacement

The evening of February 23rd , less than 2,000 miles after the repair, the drive shaft fell out disabling the vehicle in the fast lane.  The next morning I came to Varga’s facility and showed Frank pictures of the undercarriage where the driveshaft and was told I would have to spend $250 for a tow back to his shop and he would determine if it was his problem. [continued below]....

.....   After leaving Frank called me to say the service ticket  noted a bad universal joint on the drive shaft.  This was not included in his list of repairs needed and I have a copy of his service ticket, the handwriting referring to the drive shaft does not match the rest of the ticket.

I sent Frank a certified demand letter asking for reimbursement of the expenses and called a week later. Frank refused to accept or return my calls so a few days letter when I was able to get him on the phone  he was very arrogant, argumentative, told me he was not going to do anything for me and hung up the phone.

Due to the negligence of Varga’s Auto Repair my son was placed in harm’s way, disabled on a major interstate at night and a danger to himself and other motorists when a 40 to 50 pound, 5 foot long projectile dislodged and fell onto the highway at high speed late at night.

I have to file a suit in court to try to collect.  The auto service that replaced the driveshaft and repaired the associated damage agreed to testify against Frank Varga.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2014 04:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/varga-auto-repair/north-brunswick-New-Jersey-08902/varga-auto-repair-Released-an-unsafe-vehicle-drive-shaft-fell-out-stranded-my-son-on-a-1132276. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on varga auto repair