Complaint Review: VCS

• Submitted: Sat, February 23, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, February 23, 2002

• Reported By:Woodsboro Tx
VCS
6907 Easton Rd. Pipersville, Pa. U.S.A.

Video Computer Store...STAY AWAY FROM THIS RIP-OFF! Thieves AND liars!

*0:

I ordered a computer from this company in June 1999. After several weeks, I was told that they were discontinuing the computer that I ordered due to the company not following through for the customers. They offered me another computer at the same price, supposedly of more value, and upgraded my monitor. I took them up on this deal, feeling great that they would go to this extent to make a customer happy. Several weeks later, no computer. T

he bills were coming in though, from MBNA. After contacting them, they stated that they had so many orders that they couldn't fill them fast enough and told me that I would have it soon though. Several more weeks went by...no computer. Again, they've got too many orders to handle.

I told them that I wanted to cancel. In order to fix my complaint, they would send mine out right away, as it should never have taken this long, and guaranteed that I'd receive it within a week. Still no computer. I had hell trying to cancel the order, I was also paying the monthly payment on the computer that I STILL hadn't received. Couldn't get my order cancelled.

Another excuse for the delay was that the 19" monitor that they upgraded me too, was not in stock, but as soon as they could get it, it would be sent. I told them to send the computer and I will wait for the monitor, as I've got a monitor I could use right now. After months of dealing with these people, I finally got my computer...in Dec! It's been a piece of crap. I doesn't work half the time. I've contacted these people without success.

I've sent e-mails to tech support and got receipts that e-mails were received, but no answer. I've had to replace the motherboard and the modem already. Forget the warranty, can't get in touch with these people. The sound was horrible. We didn't receive all the software. We didn't get to use all the rebates, as the internet provider that we had to use for one of the rebates don't cover our area.

It's been a horrible experience. What I paid for this computer, I could have bought 3 complete systems of better quality than this Quantex that I got. What a rip-off!

Stacey
Woodsboro, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VCS/Pipersville-Pa-18947/Video-Computer-StoreSTAY-AWAY-FROM-THIS-RIP-OFF-Thieves-AND-liars-1028968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VCS

#1 0

AUTHOR: - ()

I failed to mention the fact that SEVERAL times that I called VCS asking where my computer was, they said that it was sent and that I should be receiving it within days. Thieves AND liars!

#2 0