Complaint Review: Venterra Living - The Landings of Brentwood

• Updated: Wed, May 15, 2013

• Reported By: ZanderA — Brentwood Tennessee
Venterra Living - The Landings of Brentwood
1505 The Landings Drive, Brentwood, TN, 37027 Brentwood, Tennessee USA

Venterra Living - The Landings of Brentwood Security Deposit Fraud at The Landings of Brentwood by Venterra Living Brentwood Tennessee

On 04-17-2013 I filled out an online application with The Landings of Brentwood by Venterra Living for 1-bedroom apartment with established move-in date 06-19-2013

Website can be accessed here: http://venterraliving.com/

I submitted the payment using my debit card in the amount of $334.00 that consisted of:

Application fee: $35.00

Admin Fee: $99.00

Security Deposit: $200.00

Personal situation has changed and on 04-29-2013 and I informed  the leasing agent that I will not be moving into The Landings of Brentwood. I then asked that The Landings of Brentwood to return my security deposit in the amount of $200.00

Leasing agent stated that the security deposit was forfeit and that they can not return it.

I explained that I was not given the opportunity to inspect the specified unit, I did not move in, I was never provided with the lease and that there were almost 2 months of time before my would-be move-in date. Later the property manager informed me via e-mail that The Landings of Brentwood will not return the security deposit based on the following quoted text from the application:

"If You Fail to Sign Lease After Approval. Unless we authorize otherwise in writing, you and all co-applicants must sign the Lease Contract after we give you our approval and before your move in date. If you or any co-applicant fails to sign as required, we may keep the application deposit as liquidated damages, and terminate all further obligations under this Agreement."

Property Manager also stated that because I didn’t sign the lease, the security deposit rolled into the Application deposit which is now forfeited. I explained that security deposit can not roll into an application deposit in accordance to the Tennessee State Law and if this is the case then The Landings of Brentwood are clearly in violation of the Tennessee State Law.

I explained that I did not sign the lease because the lease was never provided to me. I did not inspect the specified apartment unit, because it was not available for inspection. I informed the Landings of Brentwood with almost 2 months of time before my move-in date.

I also explained that Security Deposit does not roll into the Application deposit and that The Landings of Brentwood must refund the security deposit in accordance with the Tennessee State Law.

I asked the Property Manager to provide me with a copy of my application that was submitted online, however she referred me to the website and failed to provide me with a copy of my electronic application.

On 05-07-2013 I contacted the Tennessee Regional Manager using the Contact Us option on http://venterraliving.com  with the above message, however received no response.

At this point I`ve given The Landings of Brentwood & Venterra Living every opportunity to correct the mistake and they failed to do so knowing that they are violating the Tennessee State Law, Tenant/Landlord code.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2013 05:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Venterra-Living-The-Landings-of-Brentwood/Brentwood-Tennessee-37027/Venterra-Living-The-Landings-of-Brentwood-Security-Deposit-Fraud-at-The-Landings-of-Br-1051249. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Venterra Living - The Landings of Brentwood