Complaint Review: Ventilation Purification

• Updated: Tue, May 21, 2013

• Reported By: flower7523 — Cleveland Ohio
Ventilation Purification
3207 Foxford Ct Akron, Ohio USA

Ventilation Purification/Premium Air Solutions BEWARE Bait and Switch Practices Akron Ohio

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: In Response

I purchased a LivingSocial deal that was for $59 for whole house air-duct cleaning with a company called "Premium Air Solutions". I did my research and did not find much on this company, just that they have been in business for 7 years. When they arrived at my house, they showed up in a beat-up, rusted out van that said "Ventilation Purification" on the side. I inquired about this, and they assured me that they were the same company and they are out of Pittsburgh. After taking apart my entire HVAC system, they went over the "estimate" with me. It was going to cost me an additional $379 to clean our "unusually large main vent" with mentions of a bunch of "free extras" thrown in including mold killer and air sanitizer. The deal is misleading and I do not reccommend any letting these theives into your home.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2013 01:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ventilation-Purification/Akron-Ohio-44312/Ventilation-PurificationPremium-Air-Solutions-BEWARE-Bait-and-Switch-Practices-Akron-Ohi-1052713. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ventilation Purification

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

In Response

AUTHOR: Jp1981 - ()

I first want to set the record straight that Premium Air Solutions is not affiliateed with Ventilatioon Purification. We had purchased a van from them a few months back and removed the decals, but you can still faintly see the outline of the lettering which is why you assumed it was the same company.I want to first apologize for confusion.

As for the $59.00 voucher you purchased, it does state that a surcharge may apply for the cleaning of additional main ducts,furnace cleaning, dryer vent cleaning and sanitizing. The technicians are trainded to inspect the system, and recomondatons on other componets of the system that need cleaning. For example, if they notice that your furnace blower is compacted with dirt which can cause it to malfunction, they are going to bring it to your attention . If you choose not to clean it we will still honor  your voucher for $59.00 to clean out all of your vents and returns which is still a great cleaning.

In conclusion, we have a very high customer approval rating with Living Social with alot of great reviews. I am sorry you wern't satisfied with the service and if you would like to talk to me dirctly I urge you to contact me  so we can iron this issue out.We take customer service seriously. Thank you.