Complaint Review: Verizon Wireless- Kelly Smith

• Submitted: Mon, February 09, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, February 22, 2009

• Reported By:Shelby Montana
Verizon Wireless- Kelly Smith
www.verizonwireless.com Renton, West Virginia U.S.A.

Kelly Verizon Wireless- Kelly Smith Phone rings. Computer comes on line stating that "this is Kelly Smith and I have important info about your acct" Renton West Virginia

*Consumer Comment: huh?

Telephone rang, caller id shows 877-606-7200. Computer stated "my name is Kelly Smith and I have important information about your account and utility bill. This phone call might be recorded for quality improvement. Please hold.."

I decided to hold as this number has been calling us frequently. When she came on the line, I told her that I was recording her like she was recording me, she laughed. I stated "oh this is funny?" more laughter and no response. I hung up then promptly called the number back. I received a fast busy signal indicating the phone number wasn't actual.

Sounds like a scam as our phone bill is paid in full. I never listen to computer calls but decided to do it on this one so that we can press charges & sue them. I suggest if anyone gets this call- report it and sue them.

Tiredmt
Shelby, Montana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2009 06:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Wireless-Kelly-Smith/Renton-West-Virginia-98057/Kelly-Verizon-Wireless-Kelly-Smith-Phone-rings-Computer-comes-on-line-stating-that-this-422173. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Wireless- Kelly Smith

huh?

AUTHOR: Tn - (U.S.A.)

I'm confused. What does this have to do with Verizon?...Did she say she was calling from Verizon?...or you just assumed because you received the call on your Verizon handset...

The title of your post says "Kelly Verizon Wireless" but in your actual post and your play-by-play re-enactment, it doesn't appear where Kelly ever stated she was from Verizon. If she was calling about a utility bill, it could have been anything (like your water bill).