Complaint Review: verizon wireless

• Reported By: consumercomplaints — Alabama
verizon wireless
Internet USA

verizon wireless RUDE, LIARS, OVER CHARGE, Double Billed, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Try this...

I keep getting bills and "overdue" bills for a phone that I returned in the first 24 hours.

Every time I call Verizon Wireless, to let them know I returned and was told I would be credited for the phone that I returned, they always have a different story.

I was hung up on by a very rude customer service agent named Ashley Alorica in Clovis CA.

I was hung up on by a very rude customer service agent named Judith in Colorado Springs CO.

Both agents had differnt information as to my "current bill" , and my "account information".

(do they work for the same company?)

When I asked to speak with a "supervisor" both told me they would have a "supervisor" call me back and I HAVE STILL NOT RECIEVED A CALL FROM A VERIZON SUPERVISOR" (over 2 months later).

They do not have "supervosors" in the call center they work in, that's why they say a supervosor will "call back".

They still have yet to "updated" their records that I returned the phone in the 24 hour trial period, in which I was nto to be billed if I returned it.  So they continually send me "bills" for a phone that was "returned" within it's 24 hour trial period.

it is hopelss. and they are VERY RUDE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2013 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/verizon-wireless/internet/verizon-wireless-RUDE-LIARS-OVER-CHARGE-Double-Billed-Internet-1061444. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on verizon wireless

Try this...

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

If the problem still persists, you may try to calm down a bit and start all over again. The similar issue happened to me before and here is what I did.

You need to give them a call and talk nicely about your returned phone case. Told them that you have already returned the phone on what date. Be prepared for your invoice/receipt to support your claim and give them the number or whatever that can identify what you did whenever they ask. If another invoice came to you again the following month, call them again and do the same. Keeping doing so every time you get an invoice and their billing department will eventually get the information and remove you from the billing. Failed to do so may cause a ding on your credit report. Then you will have a bigger mess to fix (yes, it will be your reponsibility even though the fault is theirs).

To me, it seems that their call center database has NO relation to their billing department or they do NOT LINK to the same database. It takes them a couple of months to update it. If you attempt to call only once, it may not update it. If you make a call with temper, the other side may pretend that the information has been updated. The problem for this type of service is that the person in the middle (at call center), may do something nasty and both client and the corporation do not know, and the middle person takes no responsibility. The "this call may be monitored" thing is there to make clients feel better, but there is NO guarantee that there is ANY record of the call (and usually they don't keep it).