Complaint Review: VERIZON WIRELESS

• Submitted: Thu, May 30, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, May 30, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous. — East Patchogue New York
Sunrise Highway Service Rd. North Patchogue, New York USA

On March 25 2013 - I walked into the Verizon Wireless Store with a promo coupon I found on the verizon website for a "free jetpack" .

The sales man said he would be able to give me the jetpack free, with the kind of cell phone service I now have. I asked him what it would cost me. He said it would "only cost $20.00 more per month"

He installed the jetpack to my laptop, asked me to "sign on several places on his tablet" I asked him, "what am I signing"

I told him, "I cannot see what the table says - from the glare from lights, my eyesight is not great", he said "do not worry, I will email you all that you are signing"

The Jetpack never worked correctly - rarely got internet from day 1. I kept calling the store, calling verizon wireless "tech support" - they kept telling me to unplug it, turn back on... yet it never worked right.

My first Bill after jetpack was a horror - almost $ 200.00 for the billing period(not 20. more per sales rep) - verizon wireless customer service told me that I was being billed for "going over data usage"

after of dealing with terrible customer service, terrible internet service, I called Verizon to cancel my jetpack service, they told me that the "14 day window to cancel had expired" and that I would have to pay 170.00 termination fee.

it has been he**...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2013 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VERIZON-WIRELESS/Patchogue-New-York-11772/VERIZON-WIRELESS-JETPACK-PLAN-RIP-OFF-GOT-SCAMMED-Patchogue-New-York-1055053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VERIZON WIRELESS