Complaint Review: Verizon Wireless

• Submitted: Mon, June 23, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, August 24, 2003

• Reported By:Pekin Illinois
Verizon Wireless
1515 Woodfield Rd. Suite 1400 Schaumburg, Illinois U.S.A.

Verizon Wireless rebate offer is an expensive scam for the consumer Schaumburg Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Lori, contact me!

I purchased two phones that both had $100.00 rebate offers. An envelope was supplied along with instructions on how to submit your old phones for rebate eligibility. I followed the instructions to a T. Including removing the original bar code from both boxes, copying the receipts, addressing the cards, etc.

About 6 wks later I received one of the phones returned to me n the mail. I was written a note stating that I had not included the original bar code from the box (which, of course, I had included both bar codes from both boxes for both phones in seperate envelopes) that the phones came in.

The instruction card stated that only original box bar codes would be accepted. No copies of anything would be accepted. However, in the smallest of print (I later noticed) the instruction cards stated to make copies of all correspondance. Dummy me, I didn't make copies of the original correspondance with Verizon/Young America.

When I phoned Young America to speak to them about this, they were rude, arrogant and humiliating to me on the phone. Insinuating that I should have been smart enough to read the instruction sheet and follow the instructions. I inquired as to where the original box bar codes were that I had sent originally. They told me that they hadn't a clue.

Two days later I received the second phone rebate request in the mail, again the same scenario, a note stating that I had not included the original box bar code. Which of course, I had.

However, since the 10 day period had elapsed, in no way was I entitled to a rebate anyway. Go figure.

I phoned the local store where I purchased the phones and talked w my sales rep. He stated that it was "no problem". He said he would just credit my acct w $200.00 and apply the rebate that way. Which of course, the original rebate was to be two checks for $100.00 each.

Satisfied, I considered the matter closed. Until I got my phone bill that is. No credits were on my bill. My bill was now at 198.00. I phoned the local store again and spoke w the manager who stated that the sales rep was not allowed to give me a credit on my acct and that no credit would be made and that the sales rep never told me that anyway.

I have paid the bill, lost $200.00 and am committed to a contract for two yrs. When this contract is up, so is my dealings with Verizon.

Lori
Pekin, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2003 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Wireless/Schaumburg-Illinois-60173/Verizon-Wireless-rebate-offer-is-an-expensive-scam-for-the-consumer-Schaumburg-Illinois-61565. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Wireless

Lori, contact me!

AUTHOR: Missy - (U.S.A.)

Lori,

I am a Senior Customer Service Representative for Verizon Wireless, supporting customers in your area. I am currently out of work on maternity leave until September 15, but would like for you to give me the opportunity to make this right for you when I return to work on that date. If you are willing to wait a little longer to have this resolved, please email me and we will figure out how to resolve this best for you to make you a happy customer again. As much as I would like to do this for all the customers who have issues reported here, I unfortunately only support the Missouri/Illinois/Indiana areas. When I saw where you were from, I wanted to try to help you out, as I have the ability to do so.

My email address is firestorm0612@yahoo.com. I set up this email specifically for you, and in case there are others I can help off of this website.

Thanks!