Complaint Review: Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless
1025 Westminster Mall # 2150 C Westminster, California USA

Verizon Wireless Bait and Switch by Verizon Wireless Westminster California

Or How a became an indentured slave to Verizon wireless

Before I signed up with Verizon Wireless I was paying $110.00 to AT&T for a landline phone, $27.00 to DSL Extreme for my Internet service, and $70.00 to Verizon for my mobile phone, total of $210.00.

I went to the Verizon store to upgrade my mobile phone, while there I mention to the sales person the amount I was paying. He suggested a Verizon bundle, which will cover my landline for $20.00, Internet for $20.00, and my mobile for $60.00. Sounded great. He said I would be saving about $60.00 with this package. I asked several questions to make sure this was a good deal. He confirmed all of it.

I signed up and took the equipment home. Hook everything up, and was doing well. Then, two weeks later I began receiving notices of  “data over usage.” I called to check what was going on. I was told I used up my 2 GB of data.

I only use my phone for calls and text. How can I have used all up? That’s when she informed that my computer is sharing my 2 GB, and that I could by extra GBs at $15.00 a GB. Did not seem right. With DSL Extreme I was paying $27.99 for unlimited data. I check my bill on line and found out that there were several over charges on my account above the $20.00 for the devices. My monthly bill is now $230.00 a month. I call Verizon right away. I was told I would be saving $60.00 with this package, but I am being charged an additional $120.00 a month. Where are my savings?

The person explained that the $20.00 is the rental for the equipment I was given, but other charges apply. But, an additional $130.00?  I asked again, where are my savings? Before I could go on, she suddenly stopped me and said, “Sorry sir, you signed a contract. You must pay $400.00 to get out of it. There’s nothing I can do for you.”

So now I am screwed for the next two years.

I asked all the right questions of the sales person; his answered were all lies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2013 10:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Wireless/Westminster-California-92683/Verizon-Wireless-Bait-and-Switch-by-Verizon-Wireless-Westminster-California-1088907. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Wireless