Complaint Review: Verizon

• Submitted: Tue, April 17, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, April 17, 2012

• Reported By: Jay G — gainesville Virginia United States of America
140 West St, New York, New york 10007 Gainesville, Virginia United States of America

Verizon Verizon Misleading and deceptive sales practices by Verizon Customer service and sales team Gainesville, Virginia

Back in December 2011, I reached out to Verizon in the hopes of lowering my monthly bill.  I had been a customer of theirs in some shape or fashion for over 20 plus years and hoped they could help me out.  The phone representative I spoke with outlined a deal that would keep my same level of service at $124; if I agreed to a two year contract. He also added that by agreeing on that day would save me any overlapping charges from one service to the other.   I agreed and being I already had all the equipment (since I was already a customer) there was nothing I needed to do.  In January of 2012 I receive a bill for over $200. Looking at the bill it had part of one month on the bill and $184 bill for the current month.  It was much more that what was quoted me and $40 more than what I was originally paying.

I called Verizon to find out what happened.  They told me that was the bill and I had to pay it.  They also told me that I could not go back to my old plan as they no longer offered that plan.  After going round and round with them (3 calls, total of 4 hours talk time) I contacted the BBB.  Verizon took so long to contact me I had to cancel my account (so I would not incur an early termination fee). they then tried to charge me an early term fee (which  i should not have been charged in the first place).  After getting the BBB involved they (verzion) dropped the ETF and said that i only owe $99.  In my mind I should not own those crooks anything.  Had they been up front with me I would have dropped them back in December.

If you experience the same issues you need to contact your Consumer Affairs office in your state and your congressman.  Verizon in my area is a duopoly in that I only have one other company i can choose similar services. these government agencies need to know what is going on and maybe they can put a stop to this.  But they can only do that if you let them know the problem.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2012 07:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon/Gainesville-Virginia-20155/Verizon-Verizon-Misleading-and-deceptive-sales-practices-by-Verizon-Customer-service-and-s-870155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon