Complaint Review: verizon

• Updated: Wed, August 20, 2014

• Reported By: Bill from Md. — Greensboro Maryland
verizon
Nationwide USA

verizon uses back door to scam you Nationwide

11:08:36. Had a notebook that got broken. Asked for a replacement, they sent the replacement and then turned around and closed the existing account and opened a new account for the exact same service I was getting and charged me an early termination fee of $380.00. I never asked or knew about a new account for the same service until I got the bill. Who in their right mind would close one account just to open another one of the exact same type? This is a classic bait and switch that Verizon uses to rob people. Now I have a negative mark on my credit report for a charge I never asked for. This is legal robbery as far as I am concerned. Credit report be damned, I will not pay Verizon for the priveledge of letting them steal from me!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2014 08:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/verizon/nationwide/verizon-uses-back-door-to-scam-you-Nationwide-1171006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on verizon