Complaint Review: VERIZON

• Reported By: WhatHappenedToCustomerSatisfaction — Philadelphia Pennsylvania
VERIZON
1007 Stevens Terrace Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

VERIZON Bait & Switch Tactics Data Usage Issues Philadelphia Pennsylvania

I recently Lost me job and had to cancel my Triple Play with Comcast. I switched to Verizon double Play, which I was told would only be $49.99 per month (including all fees and surcharges). I received my first bill, and it was $96.25. I have also noticed since receiving Verizon internet as of June 14, 2013, that the connection was slow. I did not realize how slow until I did multible Speetests. I am suppose to be getting 1.5 - 3Mbps - I was getting 0.5 - 0.8Mbps. I brought this to Verizon reps attention when I called about my outrageous bill. I was told that they could not credit my bill until the issues has been resolved, and to set up a repair person to come out, so I did. On 7/17/13, a nice Verizon repair person came out and spent over 4 hours trying to find out why I could not get a better connection. He finally gave up, and said that he will check back at headquarters to see if the problem stems from there. He called the next morning, and indeed, there did seem to be a problem that stemmed from their end, and that they would try and fix it. That was a week ago, and I may, on a good day, get around 1.1Mbps, but that is it. I called Verizon again with my unresolved issue and was met with several rude service reps, who were adament in standing their ground with not doing anything to adjust the bill in relation to my akin-to-dial-up service. The last rep I spoke with told me that when the issue is resolved, then she can adjust my bill accordingly, and then, and only then can she adjust it from the time of the onset of the connectivity trouble. I reinerated that it has been that way since I got Verizon on June 14, 2013. She said that I would only be credited from July 17th, 2013, after the issue has been resolved. I reminded her that NOTHING was being done about the issue for a week now, and that I should not be made to pay for data usage I am not getting until they fix it, and when they could not resolve the issue and obviosly have moved on. I explained that they should charge me for dial-up service until the issue has been resolved - not the other way around! WTF!

Verizon does not care about customer satisfaction.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2013 09:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VERIZON/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19149/VERIZON-Bait-Switch-Tactics-Data-Usage-Issues-Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-1069640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VERIZON