Complaint Review: Verizon

• Reported By: O.M. — Victorville California
Verizon
Victorville, California USA

Verizon DSL internet Speed Scam Nationwide

*General Comment: problem solved...

*Consumer Comment: Confirm this report

I am paying for DSL speed that is 1 mbps to 3 mbps. My internet is very slow. So I called Verizon and a speed test was done. Well, I am getting 1.02 mbps. According to the rep. i spoke with, that is sufficient according to the deal being provided, because it is above 1 mbps. hold on, I said, 1.02 is not sufficient for me, and a far cry from 3 mbps. As a consumer, i am getting very bad service. i am being given a thid of the maximum I might get for this same price. I requested that they at least give me 2'mbps. At least I could live with that.

Verizon is really scamming and misleading customers with this offer. They should do right. shame on them!!

i asked to speak with a supervisor and was told that my complaint and request for faster speed would be forwarded to a supervisor. Meanwhile, I will prepare to look elsewhere for better service from amcompany that wants to provide better service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2014 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon/Victorville-California-92395/Verizon-DSL-internet-Speed-Scam-Nationwide-1124281. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon

#1 General Comment

problem solved...

AUTHOR: MPenn - ()

Mere days after filing this report my dsl was "shut off and reset". After calling Verizon to help me get past the page that demanded I download and reset the settings, I now get 2.6 speed at all times of the day. They claimed on the phone there was a regional problem. Funny that this problem was not until I filed a report against them. Anyway I watched an online move and downloaded a few Mp3 files with no trouble.

Confirm this report

AUTHOR: MPenn - ()

I have paid Verizon for 1.1 to 3.0 DSL speed. Multiple tests show I only recieve 0.45 speed. Repeated calls were made to no avail. What do you do when the person on the other end says " I can't help you"?

The funny thing is that I only have a problem when I go to download an MP3 file or watch a video. Otherwise high graphic web sites load just find including those that stream commercials. If I didn't know any better I think I have been "throttled". I would accept that if they told me that is what happened. Of course they denied having such a policy.

In the end I pay for what I can't get even in the middle of the night during the slowest of slow periods.  It didn't use to be this way. At first my typical Mp3 file loaded in about a minute. Now it takes 11 minutes plus and takes so long I get timed out a few times.