Complaint Review: VERIZON

• Updated: Sun, January 31, 2010

• Reported By: Wendy — Virginia Beach Virginia United States of America
VERIZON
Virginia Beach, Virginia United States of America

VERIZON Verizon Wireless Unprofessional, inefficient, rude, unhelpful, unreasonable, expensive, inexperienced, pathetic Virginia Beach, Virginia

*Consumer Suggestion: Problems with billing

*Author of original report: WE DON'T WANT ANYTHING FROM VERIZON

*Consumer Suggestion: Wanting something for nothing?

We are new to Virginia Beach from South Africa and would hope to receive helpful service from Verizon. Instead we received nothing but disastrous, inefficient service. Our billing has not been correct for 5 months, it changes each month. We were sold something completely different to what we received and we have spent countless hours trying to understand their systems and trying to get issues resolved.

To no avail. We are still unhappy. No results. Cancelling our service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2010 05:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VERIZON/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23451/VERIZON-Verizon-Wireless-Unprofessional-inefficient-rude-unhelpful-unreasonable-expen-561502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VERIZON

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Problems with billing

AUTHOR: s. l. - (Canada)

I've had similar problems with a company in my area. It is hard to get someone to listen sometimes. And yes, all too often service via phone is rude or useless. Here is how I solved my problem, and perhaps you might find this works for you:

Before calling write down exactly what the issue is. Reread what you've written to ensure it is clear. I was tired of being told, months after complaining, "We didn't understand". After I scripted out what the problem was, I found I didn't stray from what I was trying to get resolved.

Check your current bill and see exactly what you are being billed for. There is a chance you were signed up for the wrong cable package. I find it's like picking through a mine field when it comes to understanding cable/phone packages.

Call and insist you speak to a supervisor. It took a number of calls before I was connected. Also, don't let them tell you a supervisor will call without pinning down a date and time to expect the call, otherwise they'll claim a call was made and no one answered.

If you hear music playing in the background, ask them to shut it off - if they have music playing at their service stand and may not be paying attention to you. I had to ask someone to do this once.

Make the person you are talking to repeat what you have said to ensure they understand what your complaint is.

Ask them if they have made a note of what your complaint is. Have them read back what they have written. Don't let them get away with "i've written it down, don't worry".

Keep your complaint specific. Start with "There is a billing error and it is this..." If you have other errors, tackle them one at a time. Let the supervisor know you have a number of issues, but you wish to do them one at a time.

If you do not understand what the person on the phone is saying, tell them you are unclear. Have them repeat what they are saying until you are sure you understand. Remember, it is your money they are taking, so take as much time as you need to clear up the problem.

Resist the urge to swear or be abusive. This will only ensure the rep has a reason to complain to his or her supervisor about your being uncooperative.

Most importantly, look up the number and address for customer complaints. There is always someone to take your complaints to. Put them in writing and send them along. Even if things are resolved in your favour, still send in your concerns. The Verizon website has a webpage dedicated to customer support. That is where I'd start.

Hope this is helpful.

WE DON'T WANT ANYTHING FROM VERIZON

AUTHOR: Wendy - (United States of America)

On the contrary, we don't want anything for nothing, just some intelligent life behind a desk or on the phone to help us understand why we would choose NFL Sunday Ticket when we hardly understand the sport, and then pay the amount for this service each and every month. And it's been 5 months. As I said, we are new to the country and hardly expect handouts, just some friendly and common sense service. Not a lot to ask for, I think. And no, we are not whining, we are not quite at that stage yet. But watch this space.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Wanting something for nothing?

AUTHOR: morgan - (United States of America)

You are not being specific to what you encountered as a problem, just whinning. Maybe you're not understanding your bill, are you getting service? Or are you another who wants something for free?