Complaint Review: Vertical Blinds Factory

• Submitted: Wed, July 07, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, July 07, 2004

• Reported By:chicago Illinois
Vertical Blinds Factory
8036 S Cicero Burbank, Illinois U.S.A.

Vertical Blinds Factory did not install blinds correctly and refuses to come out and fix them Burbank Illinois

In March 2004 my husbans and I ordered vertical and horizontal blinds for three rooms in our house. We were required to put at least a 50% deposit down and were informed that the blinds would take about 4 weeks before they were in.

Needless to say it took approx. 6 to 7 weeks before they came in.

However, this was not a very big deal because things happen, we understood that and just made accommodations.

Once the blinds were installed they looked terrific. However, sometime in May the valance on the wooden horizontal kitchen blinds fell. My husband attempted to secure the valance back on the blinds and it stayed for a couple of weeks then it fell again. After several attempts to secure the valance it is still hanging from the right side. In addition, one of the slats in the vertical blinds in the living room does turn in sync with the other slats, so that when I pull the chain to open the blinds that one slat remains turned the opposite way.

Well, anyway since I got tired of looking at the blinds appearing like that I called the company(which seems to be family owned)on 07 Jul 04 and informed them of the situation. Well to my astonishment I was informed that I would have to bring the wooden valance and the tracking for the vertical living room blinds into the store. I then informed the person on the phone that I did not know how to disassemble said product and couldn't they come out to the house to fix the problem.

The young lady on the phone then stated that they do not come out to do that and I would have to bring the blinds in to be repaired. In frustration I told her I would call her back and upon my second call I spoke with a young man who informed me that they would come out but there is a $35.00 charge for each set of blinds (thus a total of 70.00). He also informed me that he knew the damage to the blinds was from abuse. I in return informed him that the malfunctioning of the blinds came from the initial installation of the blinds, because there aren't any children in the house that can be attributed to the so called abuse of the blinds and my husband and myself both being in our mid-thirties of course would not gain any pleasure from the so called abuse of the blinds.

In addition my husband and I rarely open the living room blinds because the windows are level with the street and passersby can see directly in the house.

So, at this time I am truly frustrated that I now have to be responsible for getting the blinds into the store to be repaired and ultimately will be responsible if any other damages occur while I am trying to disassemble this product that I am unfamiliar with. Whatever happened to good old-fashioned customer service and trying to please the customer!!!!

Sabrina
chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2004 08:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vertical-Blinds-Factory/Burbank-Illinois-60459/Vertical-Blinds-Factory-did-not-install-blinds-correctly-and-refuses-to-come-out-and-fix-t-97914. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vertical Blinds Factory