Complaint Review: Vesta Corporation

• Updated: Fri, December 28, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — Edmond Oklahoma United States of America
Vesta Corporation
11950 SW Garden Place Portland, Oregon United States of America

Vesta Corporation 3:00 A.M. Vesta comes a calling, trying to wrest Credit Card info. Portland, Oregon

I received a call in the middle of the night, 3:35 a.m. to be precise. I rushed to the phone fearing a family emergency. A chipper voice on the other end of the line introduced herself as an ATT representative and asked me if ten minutes previously I had made a purchase of $54.13 for a prepaid phone card with my credit card, of which she gave me the last 4 digits. I asked her to repeat her information as I apologetically explained that it was in the middle of the night and my brain was a little bit foggy. Good thing I did as it gave me time to get more focused. She asked me if I wanted to cancel the transaction and I said I would, that's when she started pumping me for information. First she asked for the name on the card which I gave her and then she asked me for the credit card number to be able to cancel my charge. At that point a big red flag waived in front of me even though I was still rather groggy. I told her that I would call my credit card company myself and cancel the charge. I then turned around and called my credit card 24-hour line and reported the fraud. They did show that my account had already been charged for the above amount. So they closed my account and reported the fraud. Apparently though, they think that Vesta is a legit company. I will write them and direct them to your website to show them that it is not a reputable company. I guess they were counting on catching people asleep...literally, to steal from them vital information. Glad that I was able to catch it in time and didn't lose money. Now, if they could only refund me on the sleep...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2012 09:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vesta-Corporation/Portland-Oregon-/Vesta-Corporation-300-AM-Vesta-comes-a-calling-trying-to-wrest-Credit-Card-info-Port-988063. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vesta Corporation