Complaint Review: VG Appliance Repair & Install

• Updated: Tue, March 25, 2014

• Reported By: onemadmama — manteca California
VG Appliance Repair & Install
1163 E. March Lane Suite# D Stockton, California USA

VG Appliance Repair & Install TOOK MY MONEY, THEY SAID THEY NEEDED FOR PARTS AND NEVER CAME BACK Stockton California

I have a glass stove top oven that had a burner go out and before that the oven went out. Out of necessecity, due to my annual inspection coming up. I google searched for a local company that works on this type of appliance. There was only 3 so I chose one VG Appliance Repair and Install. The guy came out and told me I had a short in my control panel, once that is fixed the oven will work and due to the short it blew out my top left burner etc. So I also needed a burner the total with parts and labor came to $470.00 I explained I had to discuss this with my landlord and asked how soon he could do the job. He said after he got a deposit for 1/2 that amount. I went online and found the parts for $120.00 cheaper than what he offered. So i called and asked if he could just do the install and I get the parts. He agreed and asked how much I was able to get the parts for and then agreed to do the whole job for that same price. I was elated, he came out and got $195 cash from me with a balance due of $103.00 and told me he'd have the parts in a couple days. A week went by and I called, he said the parts were in and scheduled the job for4 the next day and didn't show. Then he didn't answer my calls. The following week some guy named Scott "the owner" called and said he'd be out the next day again. No show and no call again. This has went on for 3 weeks now. I failed my inspection because of this and explained that to him. I told him I had to get it fixed before my re-inspection and to please stop flaking. Now he don't return my calls. Because of this failed inspection again so I have to pay full rent of $1200 instead of $465 and don't have the money now to fix with another company. This company is a scam. They don't return my calls or my money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2014 04:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VG-Appliance-Repair-Install/Stockton-California-95210/VG-Appliance-Repair-Install-TOOK-MY-MONEY-THEY-SAID-THEY-NEEDED-FOR-PARTS-AND-NEVER-CA-1133586. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VG Appliance Repair & Install