Complaint Review: viaddress

• Reported By: RR1200 — Dallas Texas United States of America
viaddress

viaddress www.viaddress.com Unethical behavior and business practices Internet

*General Comment: Official Assistance

Viaddress has been engaging in very unethical and unprofessional behavior.
I first became aware of this when researching forwarding companies.  While many companies had both positive and negative reviews, viaddress.com had solid positive reviews--additionally, this small website often had more reviews than larger websites that are well-known. Sensing something was amiss I began doing additional research, where I found a website that was offering to pay $10 to people who would write 25 positive reviews of the company.
Finding this concerning, not to mention unethical, I posted a link to this site on several of the review sites to bring this to the consumer's attention.  In my additional research this was not the only concerning thing.  I found viaddress was using a proxy server, which makes it harder to trace them, and had UPS stores as their listed addresses, which was again disturbing.  I also found that many of the graphics on the company's website were taken directly from a competitor's website.  Coincidentally, after I posted these things they were all changed-- the website offering to pay for positive reviews was removed, the proxy server was removed, the purloined graphics were removed, and the addresses were changed (although two of the listed addresses are still UPS stores).
 However, after I started bringing these things to the attention of potential customers, I began receiving nasty emails, calling me stupid, among the less vulgar insults.  I was also accused of being a competitor by the supposed head of PR for viaddress, and was threatened to be taken to court over my posts.  I am not a competitor, yet they claimed to track my IP address to one of their competitors.  This is flatly false, as the website where the comments were posted does not reveal IP addresses and the site's manager confirmed that they never share IP addresses with individuals outside the organization. This however has not stopped viaddress from repeatedly trashing this competitor on public forums, which is quite unprofessional, especially considering they have nothing to back up their accusation.  Additionally, obviously one cannot take another to court based solely on an internet post-- especially if the content of the post is all true and verifiable.  So viaddress essentially made things up in an attempt to scare me into silence.  This has only made me more upset and more determined to reveal the true character of this company.  I have made it very clear that I have not used their service, and for all I know their service may be good.  My complaint however is about their highly unethical and unprofessional behavior, and even if their service is good I would not even consider doing business with a company that engages in such appalling tactics.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2010 10:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/viaddress/internet/viaddress-wwwviaddresscom-Unethical-behavior-and-business-practices-Internet-574915. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on viaddress

#1 General Comment

Official Assistance

AUTHOR: rcaplesecsd - (United States of America)

I have been working with VIAddress and attempting to resolve any shipping issues or problems that have been reported. If you have a VALID complaint, and are not just causing trouble, you can feel free to contact me and I will help you resolve any issues with the business.

Ray Caples, Detective