Complaint Review: ViaSat

• Updated: Wed, April 23, 2014

• Reported By: JRodinMN — Minneapolis Minnesota
ViaSat
349 Inverness Drive South Engelwood, Colorado USA

ViaSat Exede Wild Blue Horrible Service, Unbelieveable and Likely Illegal Early Termination Fees Engelwood Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: I want to help.

*Consumer Suggestion: Did you contact a LOCAL dealer?

*UPDATE Employee: I want to help...

*Consumer Comment: What does your WRITTEN agreement with them say?

Company will alllow most anyone to sign you up for service and then you get charges you don't recognize.

Internet Service PING RATE is very slow!!!  Unless you are doing lots of downloads, it won't work.  Telephones, fax machines, etc.  :(

Early termination fees were not explained to me but were explained TO the SALESMAN who sold it to me!!!

Sales people have no idea what they are selling but will be glad to get you signed up.  HAS to be commission sales.  They will tell you anything.

We will see how this ends up.

I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT ANGER AND FRUSTRATION FROM THIS COMPANY AT EVERY STEP OF THE "MARRIAGE" AND "DIVORCE"...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2014 09:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ViaSat/Engelwood-Colorado-80112/ViaSat-Exede-Wild-Blue-Horrible-Service-Unbelieveable-and-Likely-Illegal-Early-Terminati-1129537. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ViaSat

I want to help.

AUTHOR: ExedeCrystal - ()

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our company, I am here to help. I woud be happy to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have. Please send us an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your contact information and the best time to reach you. Sincerely, Exede Crystal.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Did you contact a LOCAL dealer?

AUTHOR: LakeCountrySat Exede Elite Dealer - ()

My name is David Varner and I am an Elite Dealer with Exede and also am a member of the Dealer Advisory Council to ViaSat.  The experience you are describing is typical of a marketing company who sells multiple products and services.  These companies agents often blur the lines between the products and services they sell and you are right, they don't know our product.

ALWAYS contact a LOCAL Exede dealer for the best service.  We are going to be straight with you and put you in the right package.  Not only that, we will be there for you when you need us.

It is the responsibility of the sales agent to disclose all pertinent information, and it sounds like they dropped the ball here as well.

Exede genuinely cares about their customers and their product, they are not about ripping off customers.  As a memeber of the Dealer Advisory Council to ViaSat, I am working on things like this to try and help customers out who have been mislead by a sales partner.  Our council is working hard to make Exede a company that is easy to do business with.

Again, I appologize for your problems.  Here is my contact information should you need any additional help, please feel free to contact me.

David R Varner

Lake Country Satellite

david@lakecountrysat.com

www.lakecountrysat.cm

866-273-4426

I want to help...

AUTHOR: ExedeCrystal - ()

I will be more than happy to answer any questions or discuss any concerns you may have. Please send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com with your contact information and the best time to reach you. Thanks, ExedeCrystal.

What does your WRITTEN agreement with them say?

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

"ViaSat Exede Wild Blue Horrible Service, Unbelieveable and Likely Illegal Early Termination Fees"

If, after finally reading your contract, you find they're acting in an illegal manner, report them to the BBB and your states attorney general.  I would suspect it's something you agreed to when you signed the contract, which you still haven't read.

"Returning equipment and billing happens if you don't send their JUNK right back to them."

If their equipment is "JUNK" why wouldn't you want to return it immediately?  Doesn't make any sense, does it?