Complaint Review: VidAngel

VidAngel
1154 Holly Circle Provo, Utah USA

VidAngel http://www.nealharmon.net/ liars, con-artists, thieves Provo Utah

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Scores of Great Reviews about VidAngel

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Claims to Protect Kids - Reports They are Involved With Prostitution

*Author of original report: These Guys Just Keep Lying

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Blatantly Fraud Report

I paid for a membership and the website was supposed to be launched December 15th. It was up for a short time and our family rented 2 movies. They were still filthy. Profanity and nudity were still in the show I was allowing my teens to watch! I also never got the free Chromecast device I was promised. They claimed they were "out of stock". I told them I wanted a refund because of what my children had seen in their supposedly filtered movies and they refuse to refund my money. They tried to offer me a month of free service. I said we don't want it! They took their site down and said it would be back up in February when they fixed it.

I still don't have my money, my device, or access to movies. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. They are crooks!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2014 10:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VidAngel/Provo-Utah-84604/VidAngel-httpwwwnealharmonnet-liars-con-artists-thieves-Provo-Utah-1114094. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VidAngel

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Scores of Great Reviews about VidAngel

AUTHOR: nealsharmon - (USA)

My name is Neal Harmon and I'm the CEO of VidAngel. While this author can spout off false information about VidAngel on Ripoffreport, they are unable to recreate credibility from third party sources as VidAngel has done over its history:

RATINGS

First, our apps are accepted into major partner app stores and have raving reviews. For example, Roku and Google Play both have over 4 out of 5 stars.

Roku 4.5 stars out of 268 ratings

channelstore.roku.com/details/58521/vidangel

Google Play 4.2 stars out of 144 ratings

/play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vidangel

In addition, our company has obtained an A rating with the BBB.

bbb.org/utah/business-reviews/video-tapes-and-discs-sales-and-rentals/vidangel-inc-in-provo-ut-90013557

NEWS

Third, we have many reputable sources who are writing about our company. For example,

MarketWatch

.marketwatch.com/story/the-cheapest-way-to-legally-watch-all-6-star-wars-movies-2015-11-30

Christian Broadcasters Network

1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2015/December/VidAngel-Filter-What-You-Watch

The Daily Herald

heraldextra.com/business/local/provo-business-joining-the-fray-of-filtering-media-for-family/article_a30351ce-77c4-57f1-a18f-d0fab6584cf5.html

LIVE COMMENTS OF CUSTOMERS

You'll find raving reviews and complaints on Twitter and Facebook. You'll also see how quickly VidAngel responds to help customers resolve problems. These links are live feeds of customer comments about VidAngel:

twitter.com/search?q=vidangel&src=typd

.facebook.com/search/str/vidangel/keywords_top

I appreciate the research you're doing on VidAngel to bring you here and hope you'll appreciate me pointing you to more credible sources of information.

Cheers,

Neal Harmon

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Claims to Protect Kids - Reports They are Involved With Prostitution

AUTHOR: CaptainSaveAConsumer - ()

These guys claim to be a company for protection of children, but one of the partners, brothers, whatever he is has been implicated in a prostituion sting.

VidAngel employee implicated in prostitution ring

These Guys Just Keep Lying

AUTHOR: PsWilly - ()

In response to this report they removed the "based on availability" regarding the Chromecast devices off their website. I am a registered member. These guys do nothing but make stuff up and have an excuse for everything! Their movies are filled with sex toys, violence, profanity, nudity, etc.

Don't be a fool like me! Don't trust them!

Instead of trying to fix the issue, they just deny, deny, deny.

Red Flag for consumers!

Their Facebook is filled with consumers demanding to know when it's going to launch.

They have lied to everyone! Held money hostage!

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Blatantly Fraud Report

AUTHOR: vidangel - ()

This report appears to be blatant fraud because of the following reasons.

1. Our private beta users entered the website on December 21st, not December 15th.
  2. We never received an email from any customer with a complaint filed for nudity and profanity. We would respond to, and fix, any such issues with maximum urgency. It is essential to our business.
  3. We do not provide Chromecasts to any customers. VidAngel sends an Amazon Gift Card via email so the customers can redeem their free Chromecast at Amazon.com. For this reason, VidAngel is unable to 'sell out' of Chromecasts.
  4. The complaint filed was not filed by a registered VidAngel customer.
  5. VidAngel strictly honors a 100% money back guarantee. We have never refused a refund to anyone.

We love our customers and work tirelessly to take care of them.

Cheers,