Complaint Review: videoblocks.com

• Reported By: bentbrandon — toronto Ontario Canada
videoblocks.com

videoblocks.com Offers free trail then bills your credit card! Internet

*UPDATE Employee: VideoBlocks Customer Service

I signed up with www.videoblocks.com because they offered a 7 day free trail.  During the trail they say you are allowed to download content from their site for free.    I was able to download only 10 items then it said my daily limit was reached.  I tried again in 24 hours and received the same message.

THEN, I was noticed they tried to bill my credit card the full amount $81.00 during the 2nd day of my 7 day free trial.   I then tried to cancel my account and they offered me a year of access for $99 and tried to charge my card for that!

So in total, I was able to download 10 items and they tried to bill my credit card twice the full amounts, all during what was suppose to be a 7 day free trail!

Seems like a scam to me.   Don't sign up unless you want your credit card charged the full amount.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2012 09:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/videoblockscom/internet/videoblockscom-Offers-free-trail-then-bills-your-credit-card-Internet-931248. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on videoblocks.com

VideoBlocks Customer Service

AUTHOR: NikkiVB - (United States of America)

Hello,

I'm the new head of customer service for VideoBlocks.com, and I want to sincerely apologize for the terrible experience you had with our company, and I would like the opportunity to make it up to you.

For starters, I will make sure all of your payments are fully refunded. You can email me directly: nikki@videoblocks.com
and we can get the refund processed immediately. (Or if you prefer, you can use the contact form on our website--those go directly to me now)

In response to your frustration over the lack of service you received, I again apologize and make no excuses for the way you were treated. Our company is very new, and we were completely unprepared and overwhelmed by the growth that we experienced.

To remedy this problem, I was hired full time to manage customer support to make sure that customers are taken care of promptly and politely. We recently added live chat to our website, and added additional employees to answer the phones. (It is also worth noting that we do not outsource this support--all of our employees are at our office in Virginia). Now that I am in charge, all phone calls and emails are answered within hours, if not immediately.

Finally, thank you for the comments on our free trial terms not being clear enough. We never meant to mislead anyone, and didn't realize there were any problems until we read your post and heard from other customers who were upset that they were not notified about the billing more clearly. We are working to make the free trial terms much more clear, and we have begun emailing users when they sign up so that they know what is going on and who to contact in the event of a problem.

Once again, I apologize for causing you frustration, and I hope that after we connect I can make you a happy customer. Or at least a happy former customer! Thanks ~ Nikki