Complaint Review: Viking Magazine Service

• Updated: Thu, September 27, 2012

• Reported By: Tyler Ulrich — Clovis California United States of America
Viking Magazine Service
Burnsville, Minnesota United States of America

Viking Magazine Service scam artist strike again, college student attacked and threatened with collections Burnsville, Minnesota

One day as I was leaving for work, my cell phone rang with this person trying to sell me a magazine. I actually could use a magazine for the communications class I attend and thought it might be good. One or two magazines. I told the person several times that I needed to go so that I could get to work.

Unfortunately, I gave them my social security and bank account. I realize now that I should have stopped and thought what the heck am I doing! Two months later they have hit my account for $44 dollars, tried a second time but I am a broke college student living paycheck to paycheck so they couldn't deduct the money. Now they are harrassing me and my mother with collection callers. Can you believe they really want or expect me to pay them over $800. Sound familiar. I have read articles posted by Ripoff about this. You would think they have been stopped by now. Well, they say they record me and even played me saying yes to a magazine but not to their slick talking 5 year agreement which they slide in. Who do they thing they are? No one will continue a subscription for that amount of money.

So, I have already contacted the Federal Trade Commission and am working with the Attorney Generals office. Anything else I should do?

Tyler, Clovis, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2012 04:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Viking-Magazine-Service/Burnsville-Minnesota-/Viking-Magazine-Service-scam-artist-strike-again-college-student-attacked-and-threatened-947612. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Viking Magazine Service