Complaint Review: VILLA FORD DEALER

• Submitted: Sun, August 04, 2002
  • Updated: Sun, August 04, 2002

• Reported By:LOS ANGELES CA
VILLA FORD DEALER
2550 N TUSTIN AVE ORANGE, California U.S.A.

VILLA FORD DEALER ripoff thieves rip-off fraud business, no more Ford for me! ORANGE California

I boght a 1998 Ford Ranger XLT from Villa Ford Dealer located at city of Orange Ca , I had a engine problem about april 2001 and took my vehicle to them for a check up on may 2 2001.

2 or 3 days later they told me I had a big problem in my engine, it needs to be rebuild it and they gave an estimated of $ 2628.96 two thousand six hundredand twenty eight dollars and ninety six cents, and Ford Motor Company to pay the first $ 1000.00 one thousand dollars and they did thats what Villa Ford told me.

So I agreed and they start working on my truck , it took them to fix my truck almost 2 months according to my invoice copy, they finish the work on 07/02/01 , they call me to pick my vehicle up and I did the same day 07/02/01 , they gave 12000 miles or 12 months warranty, this year on june I had the same engine problem.

So I took my truck again to them on June 27 2002 5 days before the warranty expires and with 11400 miles on it this mean still under warranty, but they do not want to honor the warranty, they said warranty started when I took my truck in for repair not when I had it back,so for them the warranty started on 05/02/2001 not on 07/02/2001 when i had my vehicle back. It took them 2
months to rebuild an engine is this fair ?

So actually they are giving me only 10 months warranty , they do not want to fix my vehicle unless I pay them and I do not want to spend anything they offer me to install a remanufactured engine into my truck for about $3900.00 dollars telling me that Ford Motor Company will pay the first $3000.00 dollars and I pay the rest why?

Does the engine in my truck is factory defective that will be the only reason to remove the engine and install another one it does not make sence to me the only thing I want from Villa Ford is to fix my truck under warranty or have my money back since they do not want to honor their warranty and I will fix my vehicle somewhere else.

This is my third ford I been having myself because I believe in Ford Motor Company but after that forget it its about time think in a diferent brand no more Ford
in my family I know a lot a people so I am going to give Ford a free publicity

sincerely

JESUS
LOS ANGELES, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2002 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VILLA-FORD-DEALER/ORANGE-California-92865/VILLA-FORD-DEALER-ripoff-thieves-rip-off-fraud-business-no-more-Ford-for-me-ORANGE-Calif-26073. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VILLA FORD DEALER