Complaint Review: Villas of castleton

• Updated: Sat, March 01, 2014

• Reported By: Milly — Marietta Pennsylvania
Villas of castleton
310 honeysuckle dr Marietta, Pennsylvania USA

Villas of castleton They will keep security deposit over anything Marietta Pennsylvania

I am not going into detail about how awful this lace is to live in, that can be seen on their websites reviews. This is about how they rip you off when you try to move. They will get you approved and moved in very fast, but they don't like to let you leave. i wrote a 60 day notice and dropped it off with my rent, 2 months prior to my lease being up. I dropped it off with the office manager. Valerie.

When I moved out I took my keys to the office to return them and there was a new manager. She looked in my file and stated that she never received the notice and had already made a new lease for me. I told her I dropped it with the previous manager. She laughed and said oh well. She then told me if I moved I would be responsible to the first 2 months of the new lease. .??? What?

So sure enough 2 weeks later I received a letter from them asking for 2 months rent, and a $400 cleaning fee, and they kept my entire security deposit. ??? I called them and the manager still insisted I owe two months rent of the new lease she made. Well I gave my notice, stayed the whole year even though I desperately wasnted to leave, and just because their staff changed, they are trying to make me pay them over 2000$

rip off. Please beware of this company. I now have to go to court to fight them and waste time and money over nothing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2014 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Villas-of-castleton/Marietta-Pennsylvania-17547/Villas-of-castleton-They-will-keep-security-deposit-over-anything-Marietta-Pennsylvania-1127535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Villas of castleton