Complaint Review: Vinesse

• Updated: Mon, August 19, 2013

• Reported By: Care — Troy New York
Vinesse
822 Hampshire rd suite E West lake village , California USA

Vinesse American cellars wine Terrible wine and continued charging me after I canceled the membership West lake village California

I tried this new wine club after receiving a promotional deal in my Omaha steaks shipment, which was a gift. I've had good experiences with other wine clubs and decided to give American wine cellars a try. My first shipment came and I was not impressed with the quality for the price of the wine. I called and canceled my membership and the customer service rep was very nice and took care of it immediately. Fast forward 4 months and I receive a weird charge on my creditcard under vinesse 5 seasons. I called my bank and they explained the charge would expire since I didn't make any purchases and it must be an entering error and at this time I did not connect the two companies. The charge went through a few days later and I called the company explaining I did not order anything and it must be a mix up. The lady told me my account was still active and I didn't cancel my membership with american wine cellars and the case of wine was already in transit for $163.98 (double the original price I paid) and there's nothing she can do. I would need to refuse the order to be reimbursed however I'm responsive for the shipping fees to and from me which equals about $40. The manager will be calling me back when she "gets in the office." In the meantime I will be calling my bank regarding these fraudulent charges. Buyer beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2013 07:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vinesse/West-lake-village-California-91361/Vinesse-American-cellars-wine-Terrible-wine-and-continued-charging-me-after-I-canceled-th-1076969. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vinesse