Complaint Review: vinnie& andys Appliance Service and Repair

• Updated: Fri, April 06, 2012

• Reported By: Rachel — Wilmington North Carolina United States of America
vinnie& andys Appliance Service and Repair
5501 park avenue Wilmington, North Carolina United States of America

vinnie& andys Appliance Service and Repair Vinnie and Andy don't guarantee their warranties nor do they show up when promised Wilmington, North Carolina

Andy came to fix my dryer and charged me $89 to put in a $7 switch. Three weeks later it went out again sol I called Andy to come back to fix it and he said he would call me back. I tried for 2 weeks to get in touch with him  and when he did answer the phone he said he would be here at 2:00 which he never showed up so I kept calling and he ignored my calls. I then called Vinnie and he said they had a good reputation and they weren't out to screw people and he would have Andy to call me by 10:00 the next day which he never did.

I've tried to call both of them for almost 2 weeks now and neither one of them will answer there phones when I call them. All I wanted was to come back and fix it because it shouldn't have went out again that quick. I didn't even get caught up on clothes from the last time it had went out. They advertise they come out for free but yet they charged me. Andy said it would be cheaper for him  to fix it than for me to buy another one. They advertise that there dryers start out at $75 but Andy had told me it was much higher.

They pick up broken appliances then the sell them for much more and my set he would he sell would be $350. Now I have to have someone else come out to fix which I honestly can't afford because I'm going to college and I receive disability in the meantime. I want people to know that all of the adds they put on craigslist is a lie and they don't back up there warranties. They wouldn't even tell me exactly where they are located which should have raised a red flag but I had read good things on craigslist which I found out that Andy is the one who puts all the adds on craigslist.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2012 07:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/vinnie-andys-Appliance-Service-and-Repair/Wilmington-North-Carolina-28409/vinnie-andys-Appliance-Service-and-Repair-Vinnie-and-Andy-dont-guarantee-their-warranti-865071. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on vinnie& andys Appliance Service and Repair