Complaint Review: VIP AUTO SALES

• Submitted: Mon, December 08, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 08, 2008

• Reported By:Orange Park Florida
VIP AUTO SALES
5936 Phillips Highway Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

VIP AUTO SALES Sold me a lemon. Car started acting up on the very next day! Jacksonville Florida

I am single mother who just went through a horrible divorce. I needed a car because I ended up relocating after my divorce.I went to this car dealer located a couple of doors down from my job.The sales rep was nice and stated over and over again that any porblems he would fix it. The car I picked out 2003 Grand Am.I gave him $100 on the spot until I get a ride to the bank on the next day. I came back with a cashier's check for $1,500.I signed a agreement that any repairs would be fixed by them if the car had problems within 30 days.Didn't take that long. on the way home that same night engine light came on.I took it to Firestone and had them put it on a machine,their advice take it back.The dealer was closed that Wednesday but I was there bright and eaarly that Thursday.The dealer said the engine light had a short in it and they jacked up and turned the light off.Needless to say after taking it to Tire Kingdom once the light came back on by that Friday. The car dealer refused to do anything.That saturday morning it would not crank and has been seating in front of my apartment since then.After lettters and phone calls the dealer still refuses to pick up the car.

Krista
Orange Park, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2008 02:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VIP-AUTO-SALES/Jacksonville-Florida-32216/VIP-AUTO-SALES-Sold-me-a-lemon-Car-started-acting-up-on-the-very-next-day-Jacksonville-F-399198. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VIP AUTO SALES