Complaint Review: VIP Auto

• Submitted: Tue, October 04, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, October 04, 2005

• Reported By:manchester New Hampshire
VIP Auto
862 Meadow St, Littleton NH Littleton, New Hampshire U.S.A.

VIP Auto ripoff Littleton New Hampshire

I had purchased a starter for my truck at a VIP, not at the littleton address; however, i did have a receipt that stated the starter has a lifetime warranty. My truck was not starting. I was having problems with this starter, i removed it from the vehicle, cleaned everything up on it, and reinstalled it.

After reinstallation, the starter worked for about three more days, until i started having problems with it, again. I removed it, and brought it down to VIP. I showed the clerk the receipt, I even had the starter in the box, and was told "We will test it."

The clerk "bench" tested the unit, which worked fine (as far as I am concerned, there was zero-load resistance, so the part will work). I reinstalled the starter, and again, had the same problem with the vehicle not starting.

I brought the starter back, told clerk about the problem. Was told same thing, in regards to "bench testing." I said "i have a receipt that states "no hassle return policy, and i do not feel comfortable putting this starter back on to my vehicle." I was told "too bad, we refuse to take this back."

I called corporate, went to a different town, informed the manager what had happened, previously, and asked if they would not mind installing a new starter on my vehicle. Thankfully, they did. But, this was a huge ordeal for the manager at the VIP in Littleton to take the starter back. I was living up in that area at the time that this had all taken place.

Russ
Manchester, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2005 12:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VIP-Auto/Littleton-New-Hampshire-03561/VIP-Auto-ripoff-Littleton-New-Hampshire-159362. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VIP Auto