• Report: #1091973

• Updated: Mon, October 14, 2013

• Reported By: angie — saint helen Michigan
viper electronic cigarrettes
1401 W. FORT #32604, DETROIT, MI 48232 detroit, Michigan USA

viper electronic cigarrettes order 6pack. charged me $6. i bought 2. they emailed me that they made a mistake and charged 37.19 ea to my bank account detroit Michigan

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Customer is confused

I ordered 2 6packs of e-cigarrettes.  They charged me $6 ea. I proceses the transactions.  I got an e-mail today that they made a mistake and they charged $37.19 ea to my account without my authorization.

angie

saint helan, michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2013 07:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/viper-electronic-cigarrettes/detroit-Michigan-48232/viper-electronic-cigarrettes-order-6pack-charged-me-6-i-bought-2-they-emailed-me-that-1091973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on viper electronic cigarrettes

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Customer is confused

AUTHOR: Viper Electronic Cigarettes - ()

We received three orders from this customer over a two day period.  One order was placed on October 11, 2013 for $39.17 and the other two orders were placed on October 12, 2013 for $10.36 each.  All of our prices are clearly marked on our website.  All three transactions have separate and unique transaction numbers and authorization numbers from the credit card processor and we record the I.P. Address of the computer that places the orders.  All three orders were placed from the same I.P. address and all three transactions have separate time stamps.

The accusation that we charged the customer more money "after the fact" is absolutely ridiculous.  All of our transactions are processed through the authorize.net payment gateway which does not store the customers credit card information, except for the last 4 digits of the card number. Even if we wanted to charge the customer after the fact we would have no information available to us that would allow that to happen.

Now on to the customer claiming she purchased a 6 pack of electronic cigarettes for $6.  Our site clearly indicates that a 6 pack of electronic cigarettes is $36.95.  When a customer orders a 4 pack, 6 pack or 12 pack of one of our products, our system triggers 4, 6 or 12 of that item to be added to the shopping cart and then our system applies an appropriate discount to the cart to reflect the savings of purchasing a multi-pack.

We use a hosted platform called BigCommerce for our ecommerce software.  On October 12, 2013, when customers would add a multi pack to their order, the system would default to just one single item being added to the cart instead of the multi-pack the customer was attempting to purchase.

Once we were made aware of the issue we refreshed our system and did a test transaction on our side to verify it was working properly.  Once we knew everything was fine we emailed the customer to inform her that our system was now working correctly and that if she wanted to buy a multi-pack at this time she could, and that it would work properly.  She placed two separate orders that processed as single e-cigs and we offered to cancel those orders for her so she could purchase a multi-pack like she was originally attempting.

The customer starting sending us nasty emails and then made several comments accusing us of being cheats and threatening to file a claim against us.  At that point we cancelled and refunded all three transactions for the customer.  I think the customer was expecting to get 6 e-cigs for $6... But the price of $36.95 is clearly labeled all over our website.

We do not take being called liars and cheats lightly since we have a great product and several thousand satisfied customers all over the United States.  Someone who thinks they are "cheating the system" and expects to have 6 of something for the price of one should have a rip-off report filed against them, not us!  If the customer would spend 3 minutes to look at her online banking statement she will notice that the transaction she is accusing us of doing ourselves was actually placed by her... the day before the other two transactions in question.

We wish this customer nothing but the best in her endeavor to get find e-cigs priced lower than $1 each as she thought she was getting from us.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC