Complaint Review: Viper Moving and Storage

• Updated: Sat, January 11, 2014

• Reported By: Jo L. — Glendora California
Viper Moving and Storage
18401 Burbank Blvd. Tarzana, California USA

Viper Moving and Storage/ New Home Moving and Storage I am a consumer who wanted to move to another state, Move cancelled, deposit not returned. Tarzana California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Confused Person

I contracted with New Home Moving and Storage to move from CA to Ore.  Due to personal reasons, I had to cancel my move and did so just short of a month ahead of schedule.  I was assured from the very beginning that if anything happened, I would be refunded my deposit money.  From November 2, to January 9th 2014, I have yet to recieve my deposit back.  Through the months of November and December I was told with every phone call that it was being sent back, but at the end of December was put off by staff being out for the holidays.  In January I found out through various on line sources that they had changed their name to Viper Moving and Storage due to all the bad review they had gotten and they had lost so much business.  When I went on line to Viper, the same address as New Home was listed.  I then called them and had a yelling match on the phone as they refused to acknowledge they were the same company.  I then started putting in complaints with various agencies and one was a review under their name.  They contacted Moving.com, and put a bogus name in under my e-mail address and phone number and I was treated with phone calls and e-mails from every moving company in business.  I then and still get crank calls that show either restricted or unavailable and usually 5 to 15 in a row.

I wish to warn anyone who is thinking about a move, to stay away from Viper.  I under stand this is the 2nd or 3rd time they have done this.  They are committing Fraud as they are also not paying people back money they are due.  So "BEWARE"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2014 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Viper-Moving-and-Storage/Tarzana-California-91356/Viper-Moving-and-Storage-New-Home-Moving-and-Storage-I-am-a-consumer-who-wanted-to-move-1114235. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Viper Moving and Storage

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Confused Person

AUTHOR: David Green - ()

Hello there

My Name is David Green. I'm the sales manager at Viper Moving and Storage. For the last week we have received several phone calls from individuals looking for "New Home Moving and Storage". these customers are calling in with complaints and for some reason think we are the same company.

We are not any other company other Than Viper Moving and Storage. We don't know this company and have never done business with them. for the record, here is a link to our DOT file with the federal government:

safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/query.asp?searchtype=ANY&query_type=queryCarrierSnapshot&query_param=USDOT&original_query_param=NAME&query_string=2420126&original_query_string=VIPER%20MOVING%20AND%20STORAGE%20INC

We are a California based company. Here is the California Secretary of State file: kepler.sos.ca.gov/

Just put the Name "Viper moving and storage" and you can see when we were registerd and everything Here is the "New Home Moving and Storage" file with the federal Department of Transportation:

safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/query.asp?searchtype=ANY&query_type=queryCarrierSnapshot&query_param=USDOT&original_query_param=NAME&query_string=2332413&original_query_string=NEW%20HOME%20MOVING%20AND%20STORAGE

This company is out of service.

We tried to investigate why customers think we are the same. The Only Idea I have is that we used a company called YEXT.com to open us local listings. It seems that when you put in NEW HOME address in Google some listings show up as viper but when you click on the link it shows New home.

We have contacted Yext to resolve this issue ASAP.

PLEASE help us and remove this weird complaint. we tried contacting New Home Moving and storage but with no success.

Seams to me the just randomly picked up our name and gave it to customers to take the "HEAT" off them.

I'm Available at 8779768461 - OUR PHONE NUMBER only.