Complaint Review: virgil smock

unknown. salt lake cigty utah salt lake city, Utah USA
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

virgil smock virgil wrote a bad check of 3500.00 on the bank of american and wanted me to deposit it in my personal checking account..the check was a fraud salt lake city Utah

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Total Crap again!

mr frank benson asked me to accept a check from mr virgil smock of investors alliance assoc and to deposit it into my personal bank account.  the check was made out to me and the bank name that was on the check was the bank of america. i was told that all i had to do was deposit into my account, send the 3500 dollars to mr benson and that the bank of america would credit my account the 3500 dollars. they wanted me to wire the 3500 dollars to mr benson over in nigeria.

i took the check to the bank of america and went to one of the bank officers. she looked at the check and said it was not any good. that if i had put it into my account i would have been ripped off for 3500.  the officer took all the paperwork i had concerning the check, including mr smock information and said they would handle it thru their check fraud dept at the bank.

i dont know if mr benson was an inocent part of this because he didnt write the check, but i do know that investors alliance and mr smock were not inocent.

please dont use my name on this, because i fear for my safety.  it seems to me that this is a big operation and i dont want to get payback from mr smock for reporting him

thank you for your time..

sincerely ronelle

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2013 06:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/virgil-smock/salt-lake-city-Utah/virgil-smock-virgil-wrote-a-bad-check-of-350000-on-the-bank-of-american-and-wanted-me-t-1051537. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on virgil smock

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Total Crap again!

AUTHOR: Virgil - ()

I can say that I do not even know this person Ronelle, nor do I know a Mr. Benson, I have not been in Salt Lake City Utah for over 3 years, and the company that was mentioned in this report does not even have a bank account opened with any bank in the world.

flash