Complaint Review: Virgin Mobile USA

Virgin Mobile USA
10 Independence Blvd Warrenn, New Jersey USA

Virgin Mobile USA Consistent Misadvertisement! Warren New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: It is not unusual

The cell phone plan through Virgin Mobile USA that I've agreed to states that I'm entitled to "Unlimited data usage"

That advertisement is on their pamplets, website, and other media advertisements

However, that is a misadvertisement!  Had I known that the company doesn't provide unlimited data usage, I would NOT have bought a Smartphone from them in the first place.  Thus, I wouldn't be paying their monthly plan.  I would have went with a different carrier!

The following text message that I had received from them on 01/13/2014 is proof that they do NOT offer unlimited data usage:

"You used 85 percent of your data usage cap.  Once you reach 2560.000 MB of usage, we'll reduce your data speeds through 01/17/2014."

The date of 01/17/2014 is when my NEW monthly cycle begins.  Clearly, unlimited data usage is NOT available with this company, as advertised.

This is NOT the first time that I've received the same text message from them, either.  Since I use my Smartphone to help me with my job search, I've had to continuously use data to search for work during my off-season job.

This company is a true rip off!

Ana

Medford, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2014 06:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Virgin-Mobile-USA/Warrenn-New-Jersey-07059/Virgin-Mobile-USA-Consistent-Misadvertisement-Warren-New-Jersey-1115543. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Virgin Mobile USA

It is not unusual

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

Rip off? I would say yes. Though, illegal? No unless it does not state anything in their contract you signed. I am certain that they have this kind of clause to protect them. Also, they still hold the commitment that you can still use 'unlimited' data but they do not guarantee the speed. You can go to any phone company and you will find out that there will always be a catch on this type of unlimited data plan -- speed reduction at some point, no good service in certain (or many) areas, etc. The bottom line is there is no TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE deal or corporation would go bankrupt a long time ago.