crucial

• Updated: Fri, January 25, 2013

• Reported By: silverdollar — savannah Georgia United States of America
virginia college
14045 abercorn street suite 1503 savannah, Georgia United States of America

virginia college 14 This school knowing that its my externship said that since i have some misdeameaners on my background thats harly not recent that they cant place me for externship, that they will have to drop me int savannah, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: comment

*General Comment: Really?

This school is first of all a big rip off. Here it is that im due to go onto externship now all of a suddren after i complete everything that i was suppose to in order to go out they say that the mesdeameaners on my background check allows them hard to find me a site to go on, they will have to drop me so i dont be charge for it untill next quarter which is pushn my graduation date back. And instead of them droppn me in the drop/add session they withdrawl me without me even sign, or letting me know anything and i had already had inform them that i had found a site to go on that knows my sittuation and allowing me to perform my clinicals, they say since i have a relation with the practice they can't place me there which is bullshit. BUt i email the president of the school, spoken with the dean and noone has return my calls since they say they would 2days ago. Then i get an email saying that i owe, for me to complete an exiting survey since im no longer a student at virginia college oh h**l no .Anyone with responses on how to handle this please let me know because i have to get an attorney on this case very soon.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2013 10:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/virginia-college/savannah-Georgia-31419/virginia-college-14-This-school-knowing-that-its-my-externship-said-that-since-i-have-som-1002546. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on virginia college

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

You didn't say what type of program you're in, or the nature of your misdemeanors, so I can't speak to that. But it seems the real crime here is that any post-secondary school would let you get that far in the program without having a better command of the English language.

If you were withdrawn from the program/school, you must complete an exit survey for your student loans. This is standard practice and required by the Department of Education. You have a 6-month grace period before your loans become due.

I seriously doubt that any attorney would be interested in your case because there's no money to be made. The school will refer to the universal clause that "it is the student's responsibility to understand the regulations regarding placement in the career field".  In other words, YOU knew about the misdemeanors and should have determined before you started the program whether you'd be eligible for placement.

#2 General Comment

Really?

AUTHOR: Niko234 - (United States of America)

Well, given how you spelled out your complaint I can see why they are having a hard time. If you were looking for an internship/externship I would not hire you at all. Clearly you received a mediocre education at best. This so called "school" is most likely a money grabber who will offer you nothing more than a lifetimes worth of debt. Go to a community college and get a real education. In your case please take a few grammar courses so we may understand you.