Complaint Review: Viridian Energy

• Reported By: Gracie — Parsippany New Jersey
Viridian Energy
1044 Washington Blvd Stamford, Connecticut USA

Viridian Energy Changed Price agreed to Stamford Connecticut

I agreed to switch to this company for cheaper electricity prices.  Apparently, they can raise your rates without notifying the consumer.

What I was told when I called to complain about a ridiculous electrical bill, I was told that the offer they made me was only good for 6 months and then after that they could raise it to whatever rate and I have no recourse.

Of course I told them this could not be legal, but I was wrong.  It seems that they can and do.  My electric bill, which was always between 90- 125, is up to over $500.  JCP&L said they get complaints all the time but can do nothing.

I have contacted the Better Business Bureau and apparently this company does not have to answer to them.

I contacted my local representative and was told they get complaints all the time but have no legal recourse. They said I should try to contact a senator for help...Good luck with that.

Stay away from this RipOff!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2014 07:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Viridian-Energy/Stamford-Connecticut-06901/Viridian-Energy-Changed-Price-agreed-to-Stamford-Connecticut-1131778. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Viridian Energy