Complaint Review: Viridian Energy

• Updated: Fri, March 21, 2014

• Reported By: KLee — Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Viridian Energy
1055 Washington Blvd., Stamford, Connecticut USA

Viridian Energy Service may be fine, but watch out if you sign up as an Associate! Stamford Connecticut

It's important to note that I have no negative comment on the energy services provided by Viridian. I am only commenting on how they handle one particular situation with their multi-level marketing set up.

I signed up as a sales associate because I liked the 'give back' attitude of the company. They are involved with not only providing renewable energy but also in giving back with their 7 Continents in 7 Years project and Residual Fundraising program.

I found out early on after becoming a Sales Associate, that this was not a good project for me.  I didn't sign up for the website page and stopped participating. I didn't ask for a refund of the sign up fee because they didn't do anything wrong. I just decided not to continue.

A year after my sign up I was charged a renewal fee of $59.  I sent an email and made several calls.  I was told it would take one week to process and that I was within the time frame to cancel for a refund of the renewal fee. Several emails and calls later I was notified that my account was closed and that there would not be a refund.

They sent me information on their refund policay with a note that it did not apply to the renewal fee. Which is contrary to what I was told in several phone calls.

I would understand if it was weeks or months later, but 9 days later?  Charging for a service not being used should be illegal.

I intend to continue to attempt to get this refund.  I've filed a complaint with BBB, my bank, and will mail letters to the company. I will post a rebuke if Viridian responds with a refund. Again, I only want refunded to me the monies billed for services I will not be utilizing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2014 08:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Viridian-Energy/Stamford-Connecticut-06901/Viridian-Energy-Service-may-be-fine-but-watch-out-if-you-sign-up-as-an-Associate-Stamfo-1132405. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Viridian Energy