Complaint Review: Virtual Homes Realty

160 Cypress Point Pkwy B202 Palm Coast, FL 32164 Palm Coast, Florida USA

Virtual Homes Realty VHR EXTORTION Palm Coast Florida

*Author of original report: An Apology

*Author of original report: The Truth

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: And how exactly you got ripped off?

I have a lease with Virtual Homes Realty. On my lease, I am not allowed any pets, and I didn't have any pets at the time I signed the lease. I paid my lease 6 months ahead of time and on the 6th month, i made a partial payment of $300 towards my $800 a month rent. Recently, I inherited a dog, who was pregnant. Someone notified VHR and I was served a three day notice to comply with my lease or face eviction.  All totally understandable, as I was not allowed pets to begin with. But, circumstances change, and unfortunately, this situation was out of my control. I did not want to move, as i just began a new job, so I offered to pay an increased rent of $1000 a month instead of $800, If i can keep three of the dogs. (the largest being a 16lb.pug) I was told the only way i can stay and not loose my security deposit, would be to pay $1000 a month plus the pet deposit of $300 per dog. So now in addition to the security deposit of $1000, I must pay an additional $900 pet deposit PLUS pay an increased rent of $1000 per month. They also  refuse to allow me to move to another rental that they list, that allows pets. So I am forced to live in a home that is not worth $1000 a month because it is smaller, older, and less appealing. And must pay almost $2000 in deposits! They treated me as though i was a criminal the entire time and they sent an older man who doesnt speak english well at all to take pictures of my house to see if there was damage caused by the puppies. The entire time this man was in my house, he made mental notes of my appearence, causing me to feel extremely uncomfortable. He also tried to discuss my personal situation of my marital status! He was a creep, and by far unprofessional! This company has a very bad reputation and I cant wait to be done with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2013 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Virtual-Homes-Realty/Palm-Coast-Florida-32164/Virtual-Homes-Realty-VHR-EXTORTION-Palm-Coast-Florida-1077401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Virtual Homes Realty

An Apology

AUTHOR: SLS - ()

i would like to make a formal apology to Virtual Home Realty. I did in fact write an article yesterday in haste. my experience with them began by my own fault. I am sure, that had I not violated my lease agreement to begin with, I would have had a relationship with them that would have been Uneventful.  whether or not I agree with the outcome or the entire process of conflict resolution - the bottom line is that if I didn't break my lease agreement - none of this would have happened to begin with. So I take full responsibility and I realize that the initial conflict was brought on by my actions.  the resolution, whether I think it's fair or not, is acceptable, because initially I was wrong.

The Truth

AUTHOR: SLS - ()

There is nothing on my post that was NOT true. I stated that I did break my lease agreement. That was never argued by me. An your staff has not been courteous. And the man that came and took pictures of my home DID in fact act inappropriatly. Asking me personal questions as to where my husband is, IS unprofessional and I found his actions and demeanor to be disturbing. That mans eyes did not look at my face once! And as a single mother, I was extremely uncomfortable the entire time he was here. Yes, you did allow me to stay after paying the rent increase which I suggested, but the pet deposit was charged to me as well. I did not suggest an increase AND a pet deposit. I think one OR the other would have been fair- but NOT both. As this property is clearly NOT worth $1000 in rent. and while YOU have been polite, other agents or your employees have not been. I have emails where their attitude towards me was uncalled for. After all I did not commit a crime, my children's dog had puppies. Not to mention the ridiculous maintenance fees I was chargbe once you found out I had dogs here. The air conditioner maintenance charge is a bogus especially since this is the original unit from when the house was built in the 70's. but I didn't argue that either. And then there was a late charge of $100 that was finally reversed after 6 days. I asked to move to another listing that allowed pets and I was denied. This is life, situations change, it was a harmless change in living arrangements. I feel the landlord is being greedy by charging me the pet deposit and the rent increase of $200 more a month. Especially since there are other properties who not only charge less for pet deposits but the rent is also cheaper and those properties are much bigger and newer. For someone who has multiple complaints from the better business bureau and received multiple F's in grade - it is I who will not sign a lease with your company, so have no worries about that.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

And how exactly you got ripped off?

AUTHOR: Virtual Homes - ()

Staci,  I cannot beleive you posted this complaint.  You have a lease

which specifically states no pets.  You never informedfice our company that you now have 3 dogs and at one point you had as many as 9 of them. it was your own suggestion to pay $1000 rent increase and stay at the property. I went to war with the owner for you to allow you to stay. The request pet deposit is a regular $300 per pet deposit charged to everyone who rents a home and has pets. its refundable if home is returned in good condition. I am not sure what exactly you ate complaining about? VHR has been trying to work with you every step of the way, I think you are just a very unappreciative person. the rent was increased at your own request to stay and make good on the lease nobody forced you, nobody charged you increased back rent.

As far as the inspection, this was agreed upon by you and you were informed that our representative, who is very courteous and professional will come and take pictures of the property so we can show the owner the house is being cared for and help us prove to tne owner that he should let you stay. It is a complete bogus clame you posted and I will be speaking with my attorney in regards to a defimation of my company you have posted on line.

Your behaviour is unacceptable. 1st you break your lease by bringig bunch of dogs in to the house which has no pets policy and then you defame the leasing company which has been working diligently to help you with the situation so you children will not loose their beloved dogs as you stated and you have a place to live. I am disappointed to say the least. I will never rent to you again.

I hope this complaint made you feel better, but I do not think you had any reason to post that you got ripped off. My company is doind our job of managing properties and protect the value of the home we manage and make sure tenants do not break their